Electrolysis marks

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. I write this post because I would really need some advice. I suffer from body dysmorphia and some months ago I became quite obsessed with my body hair. Despite having almost none in my stomach, I shaved it and was later told not to worry about it because laser could be done to solve it. After summer I went to my laser center, where they then told me that the hair was too thin to be treated with laser. I then started to do some research on electrolysis and visited a couple of practitioners in Paris, France, where I live. I came across a center that gave me quite some hope as they told me that they had treated several cases similar to mine. The reviews were good and the practitioner gave me confidence. I therefore did a one hour treatment in my stomach and 30 minute treatment in the area between my breasts and breasts. The problem now is mostly my stomach. It’s been three weeks that I have done this session, and I still have marks in all the areas that were treated. I’ve been putting Cicalfate two times a day in the area until my doctor suggested to let the skin breathe. I never touched the area at all. I know the practitioner was using an Apilus machine and thermolysis. I did feel pain during the treatment but was told that this was normal. My worry is that the skin really looks like elevated dots. I am worried that this will not be resolved with time. I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Your skin looks completely normal. I do not see anything to be concerned about.

1 Like

This area is also under constant friction with clothing, therefor the healing time maybe delayed.

Patients is key give your body time and don’t pick.

1 Like