Electrolysis Log, Numbers, Graph and Pictures

Hi All! I had previously written in an electrolysis diary here. You can go to that link if you want to read the background. I decided to start a new thread now that I have actual data to show people. I remember when I first started looking into electrolysis, I found it extremely hard to find any hard numbers about how long the process would take. So, I made sure to keep extremely detailed logs and also took pictures along the way so that I could create graphs and have a visual log of the process.

Areas Treated
Face - Less than 15 hairs. Cleaned up hairline and chin line. Stray hairs only.
Chest - About 40 hairs. Nipple area only.
Knees - About 100 hairs. About 40 hairs per knee plus a handful of stray hairs on legs.
Underarms
Brazilian

Electrolysis - Chart by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

I’ve currently logged around 46 hours across all electrologists. 43 hours between Johanne and Joanie.

Electrolysis - Graph by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

As you can see from the above chart and graph, the initial clearance phase took over 2 hours per week on average. Once the initial clearance was complete, the weekly average dropped to about 1 hour and slowly declined after that. Currently my weekly average is around 10 minutes. In order to calculate the weekly average, I’m averaging the time spent across the last 3 treatments. I’m averaging across 3 treatments so that the data is more stable.

Hopefully this helps someone.

4 Likes

I’m now almost a full 2 years into the process. Most of the below pictures were taken 5 weeks after the last treatment.

The pictures don’t show up full size on the forum. So, click on them to view larger.

[size:14pt]Bikini Area[/size]

Electrolysis - Bikini 0 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 18 3 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 33 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 65 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 71 6 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 93 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Bikini 98 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

In the last 2 pictures, I identified a few hairs that I’m positive are the same by lining up the images and using landmark patterns. This is to give people an idea of regrowth rates.

2 Likes

[size:14pt]Underarms[/size]

Electrolysis - Underarms 0 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

This 2nd picture was taken after having done roughly 31 weeks (7 months) of routine treatment. The picture was taken at week 46. That is 15 weeks after that last treatment (about 3.5 months after last treatment).

Electrolysis - Underarms 46 15 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 60 6 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 65 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 71 6 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 88 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 93 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Underarms 98 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

2 Likes

[size:14pt]Knees[/size]

A lot easier to see progress on knees due to the lower starting density. I don’t have a true before picture but in the first picture, the spots are hyperpigmentation from the previous treatment to give you an idea of density.

Electrolysis - Knees 11 3 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Knees 22 3 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Knees 65 5 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

Electrolysis - Knees 99 6 by SoCal Purr, on Flickr

In the most recent picture, you cannot even see any hairs in the picture although there are a couple tiny ones you can see in person.

3 Likes

Thank you SocalPurr this is a BEAUTIFUL demonstration of your results!

1 Like

SoCalPurr, thank you for sharing your progress with that quality of photography.

We can see a lot of hyperpigmentation, can you confirm if there were scabs too?

Awesome!!! Where are you? Where is your Electrologist?

Sorry for the delayed replies, I don’t check the forum often.

Thank you! I was really hoping that this would be valuable to someone. I found it very difficult to find anything like this when I first started researching online a few years ago.

Scabbing for me is now insignificant. However, early on, it took a while to resolve since I had a lot more hair being treated each time and they were thick.

FWIW, in general, I hyperpigment easily. Even if I have dry skin and I scratch it, the area will end up hyperpigmented and take a while to go away. Probably would take several months of no treatment at all to go away.

Southern CA. If you click on the very first image (the table with the numbers), you can zoom in and see the electrologists that I used in the right column.

Very nice account of your experience that will serve many well. Thank you, SCPure.

1 Like

Updated graph. Currently at 3+ years. Total of 48.6 hours.

• Knees were completely cleared as of week #125 (started at week 8, so 117 weeks in)
  • Right underarm appears to be completely cleared as of week #151
  • Left underarm 2 or less hairs remain
  • Chest (nipples only) effectively cleared as of week #130 (started week 7, so 123 weeks in)

2 Likes

Thanks for this outstanding follow-up report! This is going to help many people!

I was going to post here on the site, because I feel desperate with my situation but looking into your graphics gave me hope. At least with such good information I know sooner or later I will be hair free!

I am currently doing chest area, face, and abs

Face have been doing almost three years. I am 60-70% done. I started doing 10 mins weekly first year and a half, then each side for 15 minutes every two weeks the second year, and this past year 20 minutes cheeks + central neck area.
Currently I am doing 30 minutes whole area for very black hair (therefore I am 4 weeks “strong” hair free) and 20 minutes fine hair every 15 days. It seems to be effective and now I’ve got plenty of free time to do so! (Before, my schedule was pretty intense, that is why I couldn’t commit to more than 20 minutes).

I am doing nipples since June 2021. Every four weeks. So far, I’ve achieved 20-25% reduction in my right breast but I am not having a lot of success with my left. I am thinking in having nipples done every two weeks, since it only takes that amount of time for regrowth.

1 Like

Welcome, and be sure to stick with it! I removed a HUGE amount of very coarse facial hair as part of a gender transition, and I have not had a treatment in over 20 years.