Electrolysis is leaving me in unbearable agony! The worst pain I have experienced. I'm broken and lost because I need to remove hair but cannot take the pain any longer

Well today was an experience! Just after this earlier post on this thread today, the client in question came for their 1 hour appointment, and what I did not realize was TODAY was the day she was going to have her upper lip anesthetized by the locla dentist. She arrived having had it done a 10 minute drive away.
I did prefeace the treatment with fair warning, thatthere was SIGNIFICANT risk of overtreatment due to the anesthetic changing the moisture content. They agreed that they understood the risks and we proceded to clear the area just under her nose. To put this into perspective, in thermolysis with just topical I had brought her to complete tears within 5 minutes, near emotional breaking point on an occasion prior. We progressed to blend but only succeded in thinning the area. Today the majority of her center lip is cleared. and she felt NOTHING. We did progress a little more slowly and carefully and with a little less power. on the picoflash… Overwhelmingly it was a posative experience for the client.

This will have been the first time ever working with local anesthetic and overwhelmingly it was a success. . This client was severely beating themselves up with not being able to withstand treatment in some of the tougher areas, is determined to transition and change their appearance, and this was an incredible boost to the process for her… And now I can finally say I’ve worked witha local applied.

1 Like

That’s good. Wouldn’t it be nice, if somewhere - someplace I could share my 40-years’ experience with local anesthetic with my colleagues? Every body part; and there are great differences and details to consider.

The techniques of Drs. Ramelli, Trujillo, Whitney, Perkins and Chapple. Not to mention the more than 25 electrologists in Los Angeles, in past decades, working with (and under) physicians … now, that number is a scant one or two! A mountain of lost (or should I say rejected) experience and information. (I was repeatedly warned, at conventions, that were I to talk to anyone about anesthetic, I would be permanently ejected from the association.)

So far, with every “venue” I’m met with the ear-piercing “dangerous, impossible, can’t do it, they’re going to die” routine. I suppose I have to admit that the always-encountered, scolding is my “trigger” … and, well, I have to laugh at myself, because I really shouldn’t care. Still, wouldn’t it be nice to not “be surprised” and have to re-invent the wheel all over again?

I wonder why you are making such comments? You know perfectly well you already have a platform on which to relate your experience? Your own website and youtube channel. You dont give nearly enough creedance to your own accomplishments through your career, but in all the time you have collected and organized videos of yours and josefa’s work, I dont think you have done anything related to electrolysis under local or anesthesia?

I’ve also not restricted your speach in any way here on hairtell. I dont think you give enough creedance to the value of a career of being, well, a big mouth! People DO listen to you. If an association wouldnt have me because I spoke my mind, frankly, I wouldnt want to be a part of that organization! There’s resources like Electrology International that people like Deedra have worked tirelessly to facilitate the exchange of ideas and experience like this toa bloody WORLD WIDE AUDIENCE!!! Yet, you’ve forgone facebook and this valuable resource that group is. The fact is you are probably one of the leading educators on the topic of electrology. Your documentation and work has found its way in whole or in part in every book and resource on the topic. If YOU have chosen to hold back, not be the “Big Mouth” and not share of that particular knowledge, then you are not giving nearly enough creedance to what you have built and the effect that your words have on others.
I’ve always to a certain extent, been a bit like you Michael except in one respect. I lack the filter that tells me when it is not a good idea or is not appropriate to speak my mind., I can be heavily opinionated. I dont let anyone tell me not to discuss something when I feel it is important or of value. Like my son who is diagnosed autistic, I lack that filter that says " it isnt socially appropriate to discuss this" . We speak our mind directly without regard to social appropriateness. I’m known asa "big mouth " and bloody proud of it. But anytime you have wanted to discuss an important topic mmy response here has been “go for it!!!”
So the platforms to get your words out, are already here and have been for some time. They include, Electrology International, Hairtell, Hairshoot, and your own bloody website. People are already paying attention to what you share. Honestly, it’s up to you get over whatever filter you have put in place for yourself, and actually do so.

1 Like

I was relating to your earlier comment chiding me for suggesting physician cooperation.

I think you misunderstood. I wasnt chiding you. I’m saying that with the way our health care system works, doctors are prevented from billing the client directly for medical services. There was a problem before where some people were paying for medical services to jump the line for limited resources, and the government enacted legislation to prevent it. So This affects what doctors can do to help these patients because they dont have the mandate to bill the provincial system for the procedure, and are prohibited from billing the patient directly. It’s different, because it’s a different health care system.
So in the end, we are left with what this client did, hoping to find a dentist or similar willing to make an extra buck . Because dental procedures are not prohibited from billing clients directly, whereas doctors are.
Oh and one last thing, the problem originally arose in response to people paying extra to access things like MRI services ahead of anyone else. So the government enacted legislation to prevent this, and this is what we are left with.

How is plastic/cosmetic surgery and cosmetic procedures reimbursed in the Canadian system? Is a physician prohibited to bill a patient for facial fillers, botox, face lifts etc? Even cosmetic procedures are billed to the insurance plan?

I’m afraid I dont know the details on that fenix.It also varies from province to province, as each province has it’s own responsibility for health care.