Electrolysis Forever?

I am Italian and I have polycystic ovaries. I have been seeing an electroylsis for 15 years. Though I have seen improvement, in my chin, I still require regular treatment. Is this something I should expect or is there something else I should be doing?

You should be on medication which will try to artificially restore your hormonal balance. If your hormones remain unbalanced, you will see more new hairs popping out, which weren’t there before. On the other hand, if your hormones are in good balance, it should prevent dormant hair follicles from being recruited into growing new hair. Hair that is already there will not just disappear by itself, though. It might get a little lighter, but to permanently do away with it, you need electrolysis. If you’re getting good electrolysis, you will be permanently smooth, provided you take care of your hormones first.

Good luck!

P.S. If you’re not planning a pregnancy in the near future, there are testasterone inhibiting drugs available to specifically address your hair issue. They are taken along side the regular pco meds.

I have found great information onthe following site. www.hormonehelpny.com Dr. Redmond specialized in helping females with hair problems.

Thanks for the information. I have not had my hormones levels checked in quite sometime. They were normal several years ago but it is worth checking.

I am done having children and I am willing to try oral medications for treatment.

My doctor had prescribed me Spironolactone but I haven’t tried it yet (I already have low blood pressure and I was concerned about taking medication that is used to lower blood pressure). Does anyone have any comments on Spironolactone?

I have tried Yazmen (OC) but I have not seen much of a difference.

Thanks also for the website information. I will take a look.

hairsgone…thanks for that site. i spent all day reading it yesterday. it helped me alot.

hairsgone, wow, great site, thanks for sharing.

polki.

Here is another good site as well…

http://www.soulcysters.net/

Gracie