Electrolysis for Breast Hair

I have PCOS and have hair all over my breasts. I have been getting thermolysis on my breasts since July of 2022. The technician isn’t that thorough and she advises that I go every two months. The hair grows back pretty fast and it’s fully grown back when I go back every two months. She said only two more sessions are necessary, but there is literally maybe a 10% reduction in hair.

When I called other technicians for advice, they said that thermolysis is not the best for breast hair because the hair follicle bends because of the bra.

Can someone advise what type of electrolysis is best for hair on the breast and how often I should be getting it done?

A treatment every two months is fine if you aren’t shaving in between treatments and if your electrologist is clearing the area each time. It’s difficult to understand your progress without any images, but after ten months of treatments, you should see a significant reduction in the amount of hair. In fact, it should be very sparse at this stage.

PCOS presents a problem if you’re not addressing this with your doctor, but you should still see results better than a 10% reduction after this long.

There is no issue performing thermolysis on breast hair. Your bra isn’t going to distort the follicle, but it could cause the hair to bend unnaturally above the skin. Any electrologist who understands hair growth will be able to determine the correct angle despite this, so it’s not an issue of the type of electrolysis you receive.

2 Likes

The statement “thermolysis is not the best for breast hair” is 100% FALSE! I know this from experience (43 years). It’s not the modality or method, but the skill of the electrologist that counts. When an electrologist bashes a modality or machine, it’s usually one in which they have not been trained and do not have.

4 Likes