Electrolysis Equipment?

Forgot to ask on my last post…is there a difference in quality in electrolysis equipment? is there a specific kind that i should check for?

There are LARGE differences in the capabilities of machines. Before many people start with the crazed looks and going into “Slowly I turned, Step by step,…” (old joke that people who watch black and white comedies are laughing about now) I will say that what is important is that your practitioner has control over the machine that is being used. The limit of that person’s ability to make that machine work is the limit of the treatment possible.

Having said that, there are machines that are easier to do that with, and there are machines that have more possibilities than others (assuming the person working them has bothered to learn how to take advantage of them.)

The most versatile machines are the newer digitals. Those are also the easiest to reach good treatment even though you don’t know how to break outside the machine’s custom pre-sets and use them as a crutch.

For maximum possibilities, I like (in alphabetical order) the Apilus, Fischer and Silhouet-Tone machines. The new Instantron promises to be a marvel of adjustability, but we are still waiting on that one.

Basically, the more automation, and adjustability a machine has, the faster and more comfortable the treatments can be, if the practitioner knows how to make good use of them.

Just seeing a Ziess Surgical Scope and an Apilus Platinum on a practitioner’s desk, only proves they own a $10,000 electrolysis machine and a $15,000 vision and lighting appliance. One can hope that person learned how to use them, and will, in practice use them to their potential. Some buy computerized equipment and make them mimic an outdated method or machine, at the expense of the hair removal consumer’s comfort.

You can find lots of ranting and raving on the site about all the equipment, so do some searching around, and you will know more than you ever wanted to on this subject.

There are LARGE differences in the capabilities of machines. Before many people start with the crazed looks and going into “Slowly I turned, Step by step,…” (old joke that people who watch black and white comedies are laughing about now) I will say that what is important is that your practitioner has control over the machine that is being used. The limit of that person’s ability to make that machine work is the limit of the treatment possible.

Having said that, there are machines that are easier to do that with, and there are machines that have more possibilities than others (assuming the person working them has bothered to learn how to take advantage of them.)

The most versatile machines are the newer digitals. Those are also the easiest to reach good treatment even though you don’t know how to break outside the machine’s custom pre-sets and use them as a crutch.

For maximum possibilities, I like (in alphabetical order) the Apilus, Fischer and Silhouet-Tone machines. The new Instantron promises to be a marvel of adjustability, but we are still waiting on that one.

Basically, the more automation, and adjustability a machine has, the faster and more comfortable the treatments can be, if the practitioner knows how to make good use of them.

Just seeing a Ziess Surgical Scope and an Apilus Platinum on a practitioner’s desk, only proves they own a $10,000 electrolysis machine and a $15,000 vision and lighting appliance. One can hope that person learned how to use them, and will, in practice use them to their potential. Some buy computerized equipment and make them mimic an outdated method or machine, at the expense of the hair removal consumer’s comfort.

You can find lots of ranting and raving on the site about all the equipment, so do some searching around, and you will know more than you ever wanted to on this subject.

“Slowly I turned, Step by step,…” (old joke that people who watch black and white comedies are laughing about now)

I LOVE LUCY, LOL, it took me some time to figure out where I heard that. That’s the episode with MARTHA, LOL, where he goes crazy when he hears he name Martha, SLOWLY I TURNED, STEP BY STEP, INCH BY INCH, I CREPT UP TO HIM, I LOOKED FOR A… AHHHHH it’s great to see that others love watching I Love Lucy, good times

If you are looking to purchase used equiptment, it is most likely outdated and you shouldn’t as there have been major advancements in recent years. don’t rush and get educated independant of this site. As for those mentioned by James, theee are outdated and more recent models made by all of the manufacturers, so this isn’t information at all… Let the buyer beware.

If you are asking to help you choose an electrologist. It is important but not as important as knowing how to use it.

Don’t let the machine make or break the deal. don’t let a machine override experience and skill.

An electrologist with older equiptment is okay but no one should buy older equiptment.

I find it interesting that you say that I have mentioned “out of date equipment” when all I mentioned are the names of manufacturers, NOT models. Within that list of manufacturers one would find the machines that have the latest release dates, and therefore the most up to date equipment, and I even stated who has a machine that has not even hit the streets yet. Even here, I did not say who had the most recently introduced machine now available for purchase, now did I?

I think most people who can read noticed that I stated that practitioner skill and skill using the actual machine in use during the treatment was also very important.

There is only one new machine that one would not find available in the used market just yet (I have seen them) because all of the most recent machines have been out there long enough to start slowly hitting the resale market, save the one that is most recent, and the one that no one can purchase yet.

Just what information did you think you were imparting here? Speak up, I can’t hear you over that grinding noise.

I clicked my reply to grace refering to her last post.

I will appologize to James just the same as I went back and read most of his post. As he states quite clearly, he lists several manufatures, including the latest he also states having the latest and the zuess isn’t as important as skill. A matter on which we agree.

I would like to know where the funds for such equiptment comes from if not earned by skill. (retorical question)

This is not my endorsement to select an electrologist based on equiptment.

If you are hearing grinding noises perhaps you should seek medical attention.

some posts contain too much excess information to bother reading.

And back to Grace: if you are asking to purchase (and not to select an electrologist)

Please be well informed, check manufature dates and don’t rush into anything.