Electrolysis does not seem to be working w/ laser

Hello,

I’v been doing the flash electrolysis for over a year now and I do not think one hair has successfully been terminated. All we have treated was the top portion of my traps to the beginning of my shoulder and it always grows back. I know it’s the same hair because a lot of them start out as ingrown hairs and they are in the same spot as before. Now these hairs were all triggered from the laser about 5 years ago that go from the upper arm on to my traps. I’ve never had hair there before and then I had my forearms lasered and I grew all of this upper arm/shoulder hair that I never had. Anyway, I’m still treated with laser, but I dod not go over the area being treated with electrolysis. The goal was to just progress down my arm with the electrolysis gradually decreasing the areas to be lasered until it’s complete. Well, I’ve been getting this flash electrolysis at a high level and they still seem to all grow back. The electrologist told me this usually works on everyone. I mean she even admits it’s odd that it’s not working. Do you think it’s because I still get the laser done every 6 weeks and somehow the laser reawakens those follicles since it is so close to the lasered area? Or do you think it’s just maybe the flash treatment is not very effective with me and I shoudl try a different method - maybe Blend? I receive the laser only because I cannot stand to see the hair on my upper arm taht was stimulated by the laser years ago. I figured I would do both until eventually the electrolysis knocks it all out. However, I still feel I’m at step 1 after an entire year. What is the most effective method of electrolysis to remove these hairs? The electrologist is good, but this is just not working and I feel like I’m wasting my money. Any advice please.

Thanks

Although you suggest that even your practitioner seems to think she is not doing good work, I think you need to check out these two post strings

Although it is possible that your practitioner has had no experience with body work, and has poor vision and lighting that makes it hard to see well enough to do the insertions, if the work is good, it would be the standard situation of you need to get more work done in a shorter amount of time, and wait until next year to fully realize what you actually did get accomplished.

The only way to really know what you got done is to take a before picture take pictures during treatment, and then compare all that to the pictures taken one year to the day after each treatment. Then you will know how effective your work was. Most people don’t keep that diligent a diary, and most don’t wait long enough to see what is possible.

On the subject of what is the most effective modality, it is not a point of thermolysis, blend or galvanic being more effective than one another, just the skill of the operator dictates how effective a particular treatment might be. On that point it is easier to get good at galvanic than thermolysis, and it is easier to get good at blend than thermolysis, but thermolysis is just as effective IF IT IS PERFORMED PROPERLY.

James,

Can you recommend what settings are good for the Flash treatment? I’m going to ask the electrologist what the settings are to make sure they are at the correct current.

Thanks for your input.

Every epilator is different, so no one can tell you what settings are good for flash thermolysis. Are the hairs sliding out? What size probe is she using? Have you ever been cleared? Is she inserting at full depth? You probably won’t know the answer to these questions, but what I’m trying to point out is, that these variables affect outcome.

Two electrologists working on the same person on different days, using the same machine would probably use different settings. Make it two different practitioners working with different machines as well, and you have a hopeless case of trying to find equivelents.

It is all about the skills. Other than working on you myself, I really could not tell you what you need, and then I would not really be able to direct your practitioner, as she probably uses different techniques from what I do.