Electrolysis certification in winnipeg

I’m a 25 year old trans woman looking into becoming an electrologist☺️
I live in Winnipeg, Canada. For some reason, we are the only province that requires certification to become an electrologist. But there is currently a moratorium on the trade, which (as far as I can tell) means you can’t apprentice within the province.
My question is: can anyone make sense of this webpage?
( Province of Manitoba | aesi - Electrologist )

I emailed the address that is displayed on the page and got an automated, useless reply. So frustrating!
Specifically, I’m wondering

What exactly does the moratorium restrict?

If I trained out-of-province, would I be able to return to manitoba and open my own practice eventually?

Maybe I’m just illiterate, but I can’t tell the extent to which the moratorium will restrict my ability to practice within Manitoba. The page isn’t very clear :woozy_face:
I want to help all of the trans women (and cis people, too!) who are desperate for electrolysis here. There are only 3 electrologists in the province! Thank you to anyone who tries to help me figure this out :raised_hands:

I’m pretty sure that does not mean you cant train outside the province. Manitoba does have some kind of licensing scheme for electrologists, they are the only province which to my knowledge does. A CE is a CE however and you can get a CE anywhere. I would normally recommend Swansons Canadian Instititute of Electrolysis especially for western canada . All of that said, I dont really know all that much about Manitoba’s liscencing scheme. I do know that I am about to take on one other student from Swansons, also a transgender electrologist for her practical training. I’m in Ontario though so a little far away to be of much help I’m afraid. The requirements however seem to be not only quite extensive ( 1000 hours? 1500 Hours? It’s not all that clear. I’m going to say that I’m not at all in favour of licensing electrologists and from my perspective, Manitoba’s licensing program looks about what is to be expected of most licensing programs. It’s less about protecting the public and more about controlling who should be allowed to any particular activity. The motivation to do so is rarely in the consumers interest, and serves to become a barrier to entry for new people in the industry protecting those grandfathered in and providing them, essentially with a monopoly. The only problem is such people get old retire or die leaving behind no one to follow because they have prevented newcomers from taking up the practice. Barriers to entry…in ANY industry, is death knell that eventually will take it’s toll. That’s one of the reasons I think you’ll find no other province has followed manitoba’s lead in this regard.