Electrolysis Business for sale

Hey there.

I’m not an electrologist, but from a business perspective, I have to wonder why you’re basically operating as a charity at this stage. If you’re running your practice out of home, your costs should be significantly lower than paying for rent and additional utilities.

I echo what Michael said. My electrologist has most of her clients find her through her website, and it’s not an impressively made or expensive one either. If people can easily find your business through Google, they will see how much experience you have, and they will see what separates you from other electrologists (provided you communicate this to them), and you will ultimately win their business. If people are searching “electrolysis [your city]” and your website isn’t already coming up within the first page or first three results, then changing that is going to have a massive impact on feet through your door.

And as Seana said, a rented office space can be really important for optics even if it’s not immediately practical. The first thought I had when I read about how many of your clients are unreliable and erratic is that you may actually be undercharging for your services. At 38 years of experience, your time should not be cheap. If you communicate that through good pricing, customers (clients) should understand that and behave accordingly… or they’ll go elsewhere and you’ll start to attract the clients who are willing to pay more for a committed electrologist and good results.

Sorry to butt in, I’m hoping it’s not unwelcome.

Seana, I hope you find a way to get what you need. One thing my sister did is rent out rooms to other professionals enabling her to work rent free. It’s sad that you feel you have no choice but to end your work in electrolysis. Your posts inspired me to administer thermolysis using ins. probes intended for blend and that has helped me for some of the more difficult cases in SRS prep. I thank you for that. You do not seem to play it safe in life; you seem to be a risk taker and I admire that. I hope it all works out for you .

Hi Flying Probe. I feel for you . I have not seen any trickle down economics; the only trickling I have seen lately is meanness/disrespect. Also, is there any reason you choose to be incognito? How would I know who to refer clients to? I am located just minutes away from major airports and am always referring people.

Once again, I would like to thank all of the people that have weighed in on this. This issue has nothing to do with websites, rates, optics, working from home etc. and everything to do with my geographical location and a depressed economy. For 27 years, I had a professional office which I had to close 11 years ago due to changing economic conditions directly related to the economic collapse of 2008. I charge $90 for one hour of electrolysis and my results are excellent, at least with clients that follow through. Starting next week my rates will increase. I get referrals from dermatologists that trust me with their patients. They see firsthand that my treatments are successful all while leaving the skin unblemished. The clients I do have that follow through tell me stories about how electrolysis has changed their life. In fact last week, a client told me a story about how electrolysis had helped her get through an abusive relationship. On the incognito issue, well that’s a personal thing. It has everything to do with a misunderstanding that happened years between two women in Texas, which I will not go into here. Unless I go incognito, my Hairtell account will get shut down. I want to continue participating on Hairtell. I have learned so much from the information shared here.

If you target specific cases (the ones you want), and produce a more visible and detailed website (you must use your photo and bio), you will have clients from other States and countries; and not rely on the local economy.

My website is crappy and amateur … but, in a sense, I designed it like that to lower client expectations and give it a more “homey” look. I have some very “different” ideas about websites. Point being, the website should not look better than what the client will experience. There are a few cases of fantastic websites, and then virtual ghetto operations … bad ju-ju! The reality should be better than the website’s depiction.

I only have a few clients from (local) Santa Barbara (actually a wealthy community with lots of clients; except not the ones I want!). Besides, the locals are always more difficult to deal with (for all the reasons you have described).

In the next few weeks: one client from Palm Springs - final clearance - (Los Angeles). The following week one from Arizona … then one from Texas (had horrible … nearly criminal … “local results” from a “rock star” zapper). Following that, one from Switzerland and then one from Australia. Big jobs, all week, multiple hours. VERY satisfying.

You rack up a ton of hours and then have a week off to swim, do projects or just watch “Judge Judy!” Oh yeah, and drive people crazy on Facebook! Just call me “Milo?”

I appreciate the advice Michael.

Michael, the bio is up but I need to work on a picture. I hate having my picture taken. I looked at your bio and used it as a template. Interesting that we both had dealings with Marge Smith and her machines. She would send me prototypes and I would give her feedback. My favorite (cannot remember the model number) was the one you designed that was narrow and deep. Those machines really were solid. I wish I still had mine.

Why we never met is a mystery.

I still have that number #1 machine (a blue one and a brown one) and, after all these decades, they still work just fine: simple, sturdy and faithful.

I have a couple ideas for you and I’ll contact you on email …

Marge is still “with us” but not functioning too well. Later on that too.

Marge never got the credit she totally deserved. I don’t think women respect other women as well as they should (Marge was ignored, the men were “fawned over.”)

Marge’s total designs have still not been duplicated. I remember the first time I met her and saw her integrated set-up I was in shock. Up until now, nobody has even come close to the electrology office total equipment she designed.

We certainly have crossed paths right down to Dwight Letchworth. A few years ago I posted something on Hairtell about riding down Sunset Blvd. in his vintage 1976 black limousine.

Yes, I have met them all. Never did meet Dan Eastman. I really enjoy hearing about his stories about electrolysis to the stars. I tracked him down. He is retired and living in Hawaii.

I have often wondered what became of Marge. She always insisted on quality. I remember touring her factory when it was in Sylmar. She was paranoid and would only permit me to see limited areas of the plant.

I do miss those simple machines with the large meters. No one makes them anymore.

No wonder Marge came up with such cool projects… It’s in his style.