Electrolysis blistered/burned skin?

I thought I’d best give you my back story. I think i started electrolysis for my chin back in 2014 im not sure which technique it was but i remember holding a metal rod. I had it done every two weeks no issue to the skin eventually was able to get it done 4weeks (this is the first issue i noticed) hair growth seemed to only slow down rather than permanently kill hair, i had electrolysis done for 4years and within that time i had tests done for hormone issue and ovarie scan and doctors say nothing wrong so surely it cant be hormonal? But soon as covid hit and i couldn’t have treatment the hair grew back just as thick and just as long in the same area. Even the one hair on its own on my neck never went. I decided to stop wasting money until recently I thought I’d do my research and found another electrologist with 5 star rating and very postive reviews. I had a patch test 10th of July and no adverse reaction not even much reddness and no scabbing almost looked normal skin so i booked my first session on 3rd of August, and im still experiencing red sore skin with what looks like inflammation or blisters where the probe went in. Ive been using aloe vera gel 3 days after treatment and decided to reuse it tonight. Im starting to feel very disheartened and not sure if this is normal or if my electrologist needs to tweak the strength of her machine? My next appointment isnt due to 31st or next month as she did say doing this treatment fortnight would be too much for the skin. Is this normal after 9 days ?

I also just want to point out, i think its thermolysis as i dont need to hold the rod. Also the electrologist was impressed by how hydrated my skin was as she said it made her job much easier.

I’m not an electrologist, but that doesn’t seem to bad. I’d guess if there was no reaction to your skin previously, the settings were to low? From what I have read, it’s normal to have some redness and inflammation. You’re giving me something to worry about tho, as I am going start my first session soon. 4 years with no results?

I think just needed to use the aloe vera for more than 3 days. Its now healing but still abit red and skin is dry. Unfortunately yes 4 years and there was no improvement just the same growth but i personally think that the electrologist and or their machine was not up to standard hence why im trying elsewhere. It speaks volumes that it must of been them as they now dont offer electrolysis but now just laser because in their words electrolysis wasn’t successful enough and laser is more advanced.

Yeah, that’s the problem. We are being told to wait for a year or longer to see results. Problem is, 2 years down the line and you’ve wasted thousands of pounds/dollars before you realise the electrologist was incompetent

I see nothing to be concerned about. This type of reaction is 100% normal after electrolysis and it will not result in scars.

2 Likes