Electrolysis and laser hair removal in Adelaide

Hi there!

I have been reading posts on this forum for a while and decided it was about time I joined to share my experience.

Like many other women on this forum, I experienced induced growth after having laser hair removal on my face. I had 5 treatments in total. No one (besides my current electrologist :slight_smile: ) believes me and my laser technician told me my hormones are to blame. My doctor (who specializes in women’s health) checked my hormone levels a few times before and after the procedures and said they are still within the “normal” range.
I regret not doing much research before letting lasers touch my face. My facial hair is dark but very fine and barely visible unless looked at under a magnifying glass. After the laser sessions the dark hair shed and grew back in as little blonde hairs, slightly thicker than vellus hairs. I stopped having treatments because I was happy with the “results” and 3 months later dark hairs started popping up on my neck, chin, cheeks and sideburns. I have never seen so much hair on my face before and even though people assure me it’s not noticeable I am still bothered by it.
After reading posts on this forum I knew that electrolysis was my only option and had a consultation at every electrolysis clinic I could find in my area. I felt very discouraged after each consultation because they all refused to work on me longer than 15 minutes and most of them told me to just have laser done instead. They said that I have too many bothersome hairs to remove permanently and that each hair will take at least 5 zaps to disable. I refused to believe that laser is my only option and after LOTS of perseverance I finally found someone! She explained that electrolysis works on all types of hair, not just the blonde fine ones, and has worked on many women who experienced more hair growth after laser. She uses an apilus platinum machine (yay) and is very good at her job. I will be seeing her for 1 hour a week until the growth slows down enough to do shorter sessions.

I’m sorry for writing so much, I am just so happy to have found someone who can possibly help me. Laser hair removal is a terrible option for the face. Yes, electrolysis will take a while but it works!

Who are you visiting in Adelaide?

I won’t post her details online but I can send you a private message with a link to her website if you’re interested.

Private message is fine, cheers.

Would love to know who you used too please. And you’re happy with final results? Thanks!

I’d love her details too please if you’re happy with her work.

Hey I’d like to hear about the details too if you can share with me, PM will be fine too as I’m looking for an electrologist in Adelaide too

Have have you been finding the results?