Electrolysis and copper IUD

Hello. I have been getting electrolysis treatments (my electrolyst uses the name high frequency) on my chin and breasts for 2 months now. I also just got a copper IUD for birth control and it says on the leaflet of the IUD that electrotherapy using high frequency (diathermy or short waves) current is contraindicated.

Are there any real risks? I was so excited to finally have found the right birth control method :frowning: does anyone have heard about electrolysis and copper IUD being non compatible?

Thank you,

Alexia

Your doctor, and your doctor alone, should be the only person you ask about this. I think this is why this hasnt gotten a response.
As an electrologist, the only time there is a contraindication so severe we havent been able to proceed with electrolysis, is when a metallic implant is put in place, so the warning is warranted and thermolysis ( used is every form of electrolysis available save pure galvanic ) is exactly what you have described, Short wave diathermy. It is a very good idea to heed your surgeons advice as not doing so can result in your body rejecting the implant.

Some IUD’s can be taken out and put back in by the user, others cannot. If this one is removeable, then you should be able to do so and have thermolysis treatments then re-insert afterwards. If this requires a doctors intervention, then this becomes less practical