Electrolysis aftercare

What have you all found to be the best aftercare treatment to reduce scabbing/scarring and increasing healing time? I’ve heard a lot about witch hazel but am not sure what exact product to buy? Do you use Vaseline to decrease scab formation? Any thoughts on effective post-treatment care would be greatly appreciated!

This has been my after electrolysis + beauty routine and it’s working very well for me. Took a few years to perfect lol.
immidiately after session: Clean area with witch hazel on cotton pad. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil to the same cotton pad and clean area again. Put on polysporin until that night.
That night: wash face with gentle soap. Wipe area down with Cotton pad + witch hazel. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil and wipe area again. Seal area with Vaseline/aquaphor.
I then repeat this every morning and right before bed for the next 3 days.
The rest of the week I’ll do the following one in the morning, once before bed: clean area with gentle soap. wipe witch hazel on cotton pad. Use regular moisturizer (I use a non scented basic intensive moisturizer with an oatmeal base). Seal area with a few drops of pure argan oil + a few drops of rose hip oil.

If all this process is working for you … then BRAVO! “Go for it.”

My electrolysis sessions aftercare:

I clean the area with calendulae tinct (which disinfects) with cotton pads as directed by my electrologist, and only after 24h allow water on the area, to avoid any bacteria. I don’t use any soap, cream or any such on the area. No direct sunlight for 48-72h - I have fair skin. This works for me… Calendulae tinct is cheap (2 EUR per 50 ml bottle) and seems to be doing the trick for me.

I haven’t had scabs after my sessions yet. Waiting for those ones still.