Electrology on Unibrow for 2 years

That’s how it works in my office. I give my clients a mirror and a cotton swab and have them look and point. We go slowly and collaborate on some of the more strategic areas. I can’t believe how some of these ladies have screwed up their eyebrows with years of tweezing. I should charge more for eyebrows and the lower bikini line, two of the most exhausting areas I have found to work on…

is that because of the tweezing?
what about those tweezed hairs after they’ve had laser treatments, are they still screwed up or easier to remove for technicians such as yourself? btw i havent plucked my brows for atleast a year now.

So, where is Miss “uni-brow and ‘failed electrolysis two years’?”

Interesting, the person lives in my area, I offer to finish her job for FREE … and that’s the last we hear of her/him!

Thing is, we have no way of corroborating anything that is said in ANY public forum. Sometimes people are pretty good at inventing stories. “Calling their bluff” is one way to root them out? You think?

Indeed, we have encountered some pretty hefty LIARS of recent, e.g., the “fertility scam.” What would I do with bold-faced liars? Well, maybe there is something in “Sharia Law” that has something specific for this? At least a few “lashings?”

Sometimes liars are so good at their lies, they actually begin to believe their own stories. There IS a word for this …

I have had similar things occur.

You can’t offer anything better than that.

If I were the lucky candidate who receives the offer, I would consider seriously taking the journey to remove as many hairs as possible.
Although only a clearance exists, each hair of that session would be eliminated forever. I’ve seen enough cases of Michael to make this claim.

The point being that the person (aka “unibrow chick”) was most likely a fake.

Intellectual fraud was one big concern of mine some time ago, when, like all of you, I started “surfing the net.” Mixed in with all the magnificent resources and information are total scams and hoaxes.

It used to be that you could somewhat trust the printed word by the appearance of the material itself, i.e., an expensively bound printed book vs., something somebody “ran off” on a “mimeograph” (how did I remember that term?). Today, anybody with a cheap computer and software can produce a website that looks as good as something from a University — maybe better. You cannot judge content by appearance at all. (Actually, I tend to question the really slick websites more than, say, the way our Hairtell appears … not exactly “slick,” just credible)

I used to get “endless” emails from Fino with some major fear he had about President Obama. Fino believed “everything bad” about the guy; even the crazy stuff! I would research the article (e.g., snopes.com) write a retort and send it to him; it got tiresome. (Of course Fino, being very Conservative, and me being very Liberal was cause for some friction.) I enjoy discourse, but not madness. You know, Obama is probably not the “anti-Christ, Communist, Muslim, Fascist, born in Kenya, etc. Well, you get the idea.)

And, I discovered that the ability to judge credibility seems to be generational. My (older) generation tends to believe what we read … unless you are a skeptic like me. My nephew’s generation pretty much “sees through” the hoaxes. I remember giving Eric (nephew) something to read, and he said: “Uncle Cletus, don’t believe that shit … It’s all over the place.”

Still, I wonder what effect the “believing very little” may be having on the kids, say, the under 30-year-olds? Many of them seem oblivious to most things that got my generation fired up. They seem unaffected by disasters, American and other wars, terrorism, on-going injustices, (for example a woman being be-headed in Saudi for being a “witch”). It seems to me that they don’t care and seem only interested in getting the latest electronic gadget (iphone, 3-D television, etc.) It’s beginning to feel like the 1950s again.

Still, the “Arab Spring,” Russian protests, and the “Occupy Wall Street” movements are undoubtedly a direct result of internet communication. So, I still have hope. The further democratization, and quest for human rights is one wonderful result of the internet. Whatever the outcome, the internet is here to stay. Dictators cannot succeed in an atmosphere of open communication. And, I’m still ready to fight for “the cause.”

(If you actually read through all this tripe, I salute you this fine morning!)

I’ve read and understand but there is truly nothing to worry about Michael, the kids are alright. Not better or worst than the ones in the past. Most of them anyway. :slight_smile:

So why does the thought of those born in the late 60s/early 70s becoming the new ruling generation scares me so much? :blush: :grin:

I recently cleaned up a woman’s eyebrows, which took about 20-25 minutes in thermolysis. Granted, most of the time was spent on hunting down the tiniest, barely-visible hairs. She related her story that she’s been doing blend on her eyebrows in CA for about 3 years. This doesn’t prove or disprove anything, but a lot does depend on the practitioner, and unfortunately, such stories do happen.

Humm, 3 years blend in California. Could be one of my patients … that came in 2 times?

All seriousness aside, I don’t believe any practitioner could be THAT bad. If they really are, their license should be pulled.

There is a difference between “hear-say” and objective verifiable fact. (Just ask Bachmann to tell you the difference. Oh I forgot, she doesn’t know the difference!)

And yes, these “stories” do happen; usually just “stories.” Isn’t your “fed-upness” is getting piqued?

3 years in the eyebrows, this was not Blend, or in CA, in Germany, or Timbuktu! This was probably a simple depilation with tweezers, just that much more expensive.

Last June, one boy from Germany came to me. He told his story, 20 hours for one of his shoulders, the German electrologist had been making Blend to him. Before coming, he sent pictures to know my opinion. I sent those pictures to Michael to have a second opinion. As usual, Michael was right, that was not Blend. Each hair was being treated for 10 seconds, and finally this guy felt the pull of the hair with tweezers.
1400 € thrown into the garbage!. I took photos of both shoulders (which was treated and which not). There was no difference! The time invested for re-clear shoulder treated previously was the same as the other. However, we cannot condemn an absolutely valid system as it is the Blend. Only we must denounce these incompetent hands.

A friend of mine got into the business by buying out someone who had an established practice when that person was ready to retire. What made it worth the money was getting the location and all the contents of the office. My friend did not even change the name.

Now, my friend did not want to use the machines left by the former owner, because my friend thought an upgrade was in order on the most important part of the business. (Imagine that? Same old leather sofa in the waiting room, brand spanking new electrolysis machine)

It was decided that maybe the old equipment should be sold to get something out of it, but first, off to the shop to make sure it was certified for sale. The word came back that both the main machine and the backup were making noise, but not delivering treatment current. One has to wonder how long that situation existed, and how many dollars were paid for non-treatments.

Oh, yeah, this happened in a licensed state. Remind me again what those LE, RE, Certification, License programs are there for?

Sorry I haven’t been on the boards for a couple days. Been finishing up finals.

This sounds like a pretty amazing offer, especially since you would know what you are doing as opposed to my electrologist apparently, however Santa Barbara is a 10 hour round trip and I can’t really do that while being a student.

1. Do you think the issue is that my electrologist is just not getting the hairs?

2. Do you know any good electrologists in the bay area?

3. Lastly, just out of curiosity, when you work on this area for your clients, how long does the redness last?

I actually had a client who would purposely schedule electrolysis on Friday night so she could go out with the most organic eyeshadow around. Her lids would have the loveliest lavender color, and it did not rub off all night. Alas, it was gone when the morning light came.

I just finished watching the original “Triumph des Willens.” (The restored Riefenstahl film of the München S.A. meetings) So, decided to use one of the characters as a “guide.”

This famous (infamous) “unibrow,” would take at the maximum 3 - 4 hours total (actually, I can’t imagine any more time needed). Ten to twelve 15-minute treatments in a 12-month span would do it. … maximum!

Wow, unbelievable!

How long does the redness usually last for your clients, in this area?

Also, do you guys know ANY good electrologist in the bay area?

Thanks