Electrology Blog - a place to start

Barbara Greathouse put this helpful information together for all thinking about an Electrology career.

Click here to read blog on becoming an electrologist. Electrologyworksnow BLOG

1 Like

Very helpful !

Most recent blog: http://electrologyworksnow.com/2014/11/03/ethical_behavior/

Barbara_ CPE I finish reading the publication of my words in the article that is cited in this thread, thank you very much for it.

Concha Miralles.

Thanks so much for this. I am wanting to start a career (have been lurking on these forums for years) this year as I’m moving to the United Kingdom, where I’ll finally be able to afford the cost of education. I was worried about not being able to find either a suitable place to practice or not being able to attract clients but I find this very reassuring. Thank you so much for all that you do!

Hi- I finished schooling for electrolysis years ago but have never used my knowledge. I did not feel that the amount of practice I was given could make me proficient in the technique. I did not want to scar or damage anyone and certainly didn’t want to get paid for doing a poor job. I have a machine here but have never used it. The beauty school Where I received my certificate has since closed. Not because of any incompetence. I know that electrolysis works but aim also know that experience is the best teacher.

Rachael, wow. You couldn’t have said it better! I had the same experience! Now I’m thinking that maybe I need to leave the US to get a good hands on training. It’sa very empty and frustrating feeling. I am so envious of people who has a good school experience. Or someone to mentor them, sigh

I find this incredibly common here locally. We have a esthetics school in town and students pay upwards of $10000 each to go there, then never seem to take up the practise? I run into many of them 10 or more years down the line, only to find out they never practised once school ended and never were able to get employment. I try and bring on one every year but that still leaves 9/10 of their classes who never practise or go into the field. IT just doesnt make sense to me.

Well, I had wanted to attend Jane Riddle’s school, but at the time I couldn’t afford it, plus it was far away from where I lived and worked and I couldn’t just quit work.

So, I found a school close to my home…I thought that if I could just get started… problem was they didn’t even give us enough information to get up and going.

Then I bought a machine thinking maybe I could just figure it out…

I have tried taking one on one lessons from people, but I’ve had a hard time getting clients to practice on… even when I’m offering to remove hairs for free.

I have two electrolysis machines which I have been storing. When I bought the second machine the place I bought it said they would train me on it, but then didn’t. I’m thinking the only way to get an education …with hands on practice…is to leave the country.

I still have a current license.

Isn’t there ANYWHERE that I could take an intensive 5 days? REALLY get some hands on? Or should I just put the machines on the trash and consider that I lost a lot of money on my “education”?

There is a lot of information on the Internet now a days, but having some hands on feedback would be great.

Hi all…been away for years.
Still battling with excess hair…can’t believe we haven’t found a permanent solution in the 25 yrs I’ve been checking in here!
Anyway I guess I’ve realised electrolysis is the only real method that works (have done laser with minimal results)
What is the best electrolysis machine to buy and can you train yourself with one (YouTube/manufacturer videos, etc)?
I think my gf is willing to learn and we could slowly chip away at it on each other over many months/years.
Any suggestions for a machine would be most appreciated!
Thank you!

Sorry maybe I’m not posting in the right area here?
Any help on this?

Read a lot of posts on the DIY section. If you dig well you will find a lot of useful information. Since you have a partner willing to learn, you will have great success in treatment outcomes. As for machines, Texas Electrology Supply is your best option. Contact the owner and tell them you’re a student. Michael Bono’s The Blend Method is a solid textbook for students. You should stick to learning the Blend Method as that’s the more forgiving modality for DIY students than thermolysis. You won’t go wrong with Instantron epilators or Hinkel models. Units that do blend don’t need to have million features.

Agree. Stick to basic models and do blend or galvanic. You don’t need perfect insertions with these modalities, but do try to hit the mark by going into the follicles, instead of making new holes in your skin. It takes a lot of practice. Don’t do facial work as a novice.

Awesome …thanks for your help!

1 Like