Electrologists in Southern CA - IE/OC Area

Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for the IE/OC area of Southern California? Specifically, I live in Eastvale (Zipcode 92880 in Riverside county, North of Corona). Closer is better but I’m willing to travel for someone that really knows what they are doing if it will save me money in the long-run. I would try Mike Bono but unfortunately he is booked up right now. I also don’t think that Johanne Fortier in Fullerton practices anymore with all of her other work going on.

You’d think that living in SoCal, it would be easy to find someone good. However, having so many options and so much information available on this forum actually just makes the decision process harder (for me anyway). To add to that, very few electrologists have that many reviews on Yelp (even some which I “know” to be good) so it’s hard for me to have a decent level of confidence going in and not just rely on “trying out” a bunch of different people.

Also, pretty much every electrologist that I have contacted is totally unwilling to give me an estimate of completion time (other than saying something like “9 months to 1.5 years”) even though Mike, Josepha and Gior all share information about average hours pretty freely in comparison. The Gior website even has a table with average time and cost for every area.

In the meantime, I had one session with one electrologist near me last week and will have another session with a different electrologist this week (different areas) so that I can compare them.

For the first person that I used, I’m pretty sure I’m feeling the insertions (most of the time, the insertion hurts almost as much as the pulse itself). Also, occasionally they spend more time (like an additional ~2 seconds) removing one hair. It doesn’t feel like tweezing per se and they explained to me that it is because the bulb on those hairs is bigger (they showed me the hair) so it takes more effort to get out? I generally have pretty small pores, so I guess this is possible? The sensation is like they are “wiggling” those out. This person has over 10 years of electrolysis experience, had a bunch of glowing Yelp reviews and even is an instructor at the AIE school near me so I’m really confused about what to think… :confused:

I also don’t think that Johanne Fortier in Fullerton practices anymore with all of her other work going on.

She does practice, but she’s in Santa Ana, not Fullerton. I don’t know if she accepts new clients right now, but her daughter Joanie also practices as well in the same office building.

In the Los Angeles area, I can highly recommend Sabrena Smith and Robin Harris. Both are a bit of a drive from 92880, but both are fantastic.

The OC also has someone named Natsuko Watkins (who used to post here a little bit but not much). She seems like a good electrologist, and her name was recommended on a TG website, but I haven’t personally used her.

Cheers!