electrologist to electrologist II

The old thread was too far down to find.

I have a request, for any and all of my colleagues. Would you be so kind as to send me a photo of your lighting and magnification? I am doing a presentation on the top ten treatment considerations - a checklist of things we need to be constantly evaluating as we provide treatments. One of them is (of course) magnification and lighting.

I’ll name your name, if you wish…or not. Additionally, I would like you to provide a list of the pros and cons of your set up.

I have found that I’m mentioning hairtell.com A LOT in this presentation. It is for North Carolina electrologists. Of course, I will encourage them to visit us!

I was over 50 when i started doing electrolysis and noticed that the typical loupe lamps with 1.75 fold magnification were simply not enough for my already reduced visual abilities. I am aware that this might be quite different for people learning electrolysis at younger age and hence with better eyes. These people will probably be able to compensate a lot when they get older due to their experience.

So here it goes:

a stereoscopic surgical loupe with a set of fully corrected glasses:
Type: Heine HRP 6 fold.
Working distance 34 cm.

The loupe is also available with 4 fold magnification, and a similar device (HRC) with magnification around 2-3

Disadvantage:

• Price
  • Weight: noticeable load on the nose, skin tends to turn read (but it does so also with my normal glasses).
  • Narrow visual field - but You get easily used to it and learn to scan the target area.

Advantage:

• high optical quality
  • reduced load on the eyes during long sessions
  • modular system made of several building blocks, e.g. an option for additional LED light source directly on the system.
  • internationally shipping

Backup loupe: Eschenbach Labo-Clip 3 fold

Advantage:

• price
  • reasonable magnification (IMO)

Disadvantages:

• very short working distance
  • glasses not optimally positioned
  • positioning of glasses easily and accidentally modified.
  • not usable with varifocals

High magnification requires good lighting. I prefer medical lamps and use two old Heraeus 2060:

Advantages:

• good light concentrated on the target area
  • two lamps to ease visiblity light hair (white stubbles on a chin…)

Disadvantages:

• some customers need protection of the eyes
  • heat, especially in summer
  • Lamps often need to be moved around during treatments
  • color of light a bit read

Conclusion: medical lamps with LED light sources would probably be ideal.

Beate

I also use surgical telescopes, but only 3X power (made by Orascoptic in Wisconsin). The 6X? WOW — those are challenging to use. Also a regular “dental lamp.” When I work in the surgeon’s OR, I use his overhead surgical lamp — but it’s almost too much and seriously frightens new clients. (Probably all the other ‘life support’ equipment in the OR doesn’t help calm fears. That’s when I wear a silly shirt — with a Mickey Mouse, instead of the white coat!)

Well, my office is intentionally held in warm colors: mildly yellow floor and treatment table, furnishing in beechwood, pictures painted by my father,… i.e. a strong compensation to the technical equipment.

Learning the 6X have been 3 hard weeks - they were not adjusted to my eyes which differ by 2 dioptres. But as soon as i had learned to manage them i did not want to miss them any more.
But anyway: any slight trembling, either by Yourself or by the client, will have the character of an earthquake…

Beate

As I tell the c

As I tell clients, viewing their hairs under my magnification makes them look like a redwood tree! I’m currently using 2.3X Zeiss and would like to upgrade to the surgical telescopes, but would 3 be that much different???

Beate,
Your pictures are great! How do you put them in the text? I would also like to know how to pronounce your name. I’m seeing BEAT, but don’t know any German, so wonder if the “e” on the end adds some verbal characteristic. One of my favorite authors, Diana Gabaldon, has a character named Loaghaire - which when reading the book I am thinking some sexy, throaty version of log and hair. Recently, an Irish esthetic colleague posted a picture on facebook of Loaghaire Bay (or some other body of water) - so I asked her how to pronounce it. It is LEARY! (laugh at self, again) Anyway, thank you for contributing. Your office sounds lovely!

Heist: Beate (auf Deutsch): “Bay — ah — ta” accent on the “ah.”

How to put pictures into the text: Put the URL into IMG-Tags:

[img]http://www.example.org/path_to/img.jpg[/img]

The image must reside on an external web server.

Pronounciation of my name - it has the same stem as “beauty”, not that of “beat”, and it is pronounced be-a-te (from Latin: beata).

Back to the telescopes: in the price range in question one IMO can expect to get one for evalutation before You buy. That’s also what i did. Anyway, going to 4X-5X is just a factor of 2…

Beate

Hi Barbara,

Here is my contribution:

For body areas where I need to have a large field of view. This binocular visor is made ​​in Japan. It weighs very little and are cover with a soft tape to protect our forehead. These binoculars cost around 140 euros. This is my favorite.

Another type of binoculars:

My surgical telescope (I think it is 3X, but can not remember now)

My name means nothing to members of the AEA. However, I would like you to mention other names that meant so much to our profession. Hinkel, Bordier, Laurier, … for example.

I would also like you to make a special mention for Mr. Bono while you accompany the photo of below. This symbolizes the essence of Electrology. The treatment is hair by hair, but like the tortoise in Aesop’s fable, always reaches the goal.

I use surgical telescopes from Orascoptic Research/Kerr, out of Wisconsin, 5X magnificaiton and I don’t look very cute when I wear them. I make babies cry and dogs bark, but I sure can see the hairs well. Cost: close to $2,000. I have two pairs. Am considering stereo magnification for the future, but then again , maybe not…??

I hold my breath when treating the tiny hairs under the nose or elsewhere as any movement is like an earthquake. Some movement I can’t help, like when I’m holding my breath, the beating of my heart is still causing slight movement, but no big deal.

Josefa, I love that!!! Thank you!

good day! please tell me which binoculars does Josepha Reina use?image