Electrologist not giving me a rod to hold during blend?

Hi! I’m a cis-female in her 20s and concerned about why my new electrologist (first time I’m doing blend) isn’t having me hold a rod. After a terrible experience with laser hair removal and then almost 2 years of ineffective thermolysis (and thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours wasted), I am finally trying blend electrolysis. I had my first consult + session yesterday and am overall more confident in this electrologist’s ability and knowledge. However, even though we are doing blend and she is not using a peddle, I wasn’t given a rod to hold. I asked her if I needed to hold one and she said only for straight galvanic which I thought was odd (especially since she showed me that she is using a greater ratio of galvanic to thermolysis in the blend she’s using on me) but I shut up and thought I should ask you all first before bringing it up again my next appointment. It wasn’t supper painful but I definitely am not used to the electric-feeling. There was some crackling because I had some tough hairs but overall, the electric-shaky feeling is what concerns me SINCE I’m not holding any rod. Is this normal? For reference, she is using the Apilus Senior 3G machine. Thank you!

sorry to tell you, but if you arent holding onto a neutral anode you are NOT getting blend. waht you are getting is thermolysis. The galvanic current component of blend requires both posative and negative poles to complete the galvanic circuit.

Ditto. Maybe the electrologist is pre-setting the DC meter? On some units, you have a little switch to set the meter before your start … and then thinks she’s delivering the DC. However, “no way, Jose!”

Agree with above. No blend without a wet/ metal rod to hold, or a pad that you are laying on. The Apilus machines also have a pad.

I recently experienced by first electrolysis treatment which was about 45 minutes long. I was provided with the rod to hold but experienced a pain the hand I was holding in. It feels as though my hand is tight in the lower palm area where I was holding it. I was not holding the rod tightly and did not feel discomfort until later. Is this normal?

Thanks,
M121M

This is indicative of a poor connection to the skin. Was the rod for the dc current wrapped in a wet sponge? Usually they are wrapped in a sponge dipped in some salt water to aid in conductivity. If this wasnt the case, it would explain the discomfort and also likely give poor blend results as there would be a lot of resistance tot he DC current.

Thanks for the information but could you explain what do you mean by poor blend results. I was removing grey hairs and found that she was tugging a bit on the hairs when they were being removed but she said this is normal when I asked her about it.

She placed a damp paper around the rod but it dried out during the session.