Electrologist is concerned for me

Hello - for context I had paradoxical stimulation from laser that I did on my face from Jan 2021-July 2022

My electrologist is amazing, does a great job and leaves my face with no marks. I see a good difference in my facial hair from before till now. But today she told me she was concerned with the amount of regrowth she was seeing 6 months in and asked me to test my hormones again or consider birth control like her other laser stimulated clients (who have taken BC then achieved no more regrowth with time). I have been going to her since August 2022.

I have read on this sub several different opinions with regard to laser stimulated regrowth, some saying stimulated regrowth will appear for 7 years and some saying my problem is in fact fixable in 1-2 years. I know that no one can predict my timeline.

I have ordered another hormone panel, but I would just like to hear from some electrologists who have treated laser stimulated patients and their experiences with regrowth and successful elimination of this stimulated hair. thank you

For hormonal context —
I did a hormone panel in August, had slightly high DHEA-S that they accredited to high stress ( I am in college), while DHEA (non-S) was on the high end of a normal range. While Hemoglobin A1C, FSH, LH, and TSH all came back within a normal range and I have regular periods.

If your hormones are normal and you physicians ruled out any medical conditions, then what’s the most likely scenario is you’re just seeing original hair regrowing in addition to the stimulated hair. Because laser delays hair growth cycles seeing this hair sprout six months after the last treatment is normal. Some report seeing more growth after a year since last laser session. Continue getting clearances done and eventually once full regrowth stabilizes, you’ll start seeing progress.

1 Like

Thank you, this is also what I assumed but her reaction to it just kind of threw me for a loop and made me nervous. I also unfortunately haven’t found any detailed progress photos for paradoxical cases which makes the unknown a little more uneasy feeling. I’m documenting it for myself the whole way through.

This woman has paradoxical growth and is documenting her elecrology journey on YouTube: I HAVE A BEARD. Revealing my secret after 15+ years | Starting Electrolysis hair removal | PCOS Help - YouTube

A skilled electrologist can fix this if this is indeed hair stimulation caused by laser. Laser can stun the hair to go dormant for several months and then it returns, leaving the consumer in disbelief. It does not happen to everybody, but if it has happened to you, fix it with the only permanent removal method on earth - electrolysis.
This is why I advise against laser hair reduction on a woman’s face. I have fixed more stimulation cases than I would like to have done. It really spooks people and creates a lot of distrust by the time they seek out treatment from me. I have to do a lot of talking and pampering.