Electrologist in The Netherlands?

Hello everyone,

Just a little intro:
I am a 26 year old female with PCOS and therefore suffer from hirsutism. This causes me great insecurity and doesn’t help me get out of my severe depression I have been suffering from for over 10 years. I recently am trying to change the things that I CAN change in order to feel just a bit better. That’s why I desperately want to do something about al this hair that makes me feel less than a woman. I have tried laser before and it didn’t help, though I only had 3 sessions… Now I have read many things online that laser doesn’t work for a lot of people, or at least permanently it doesn’t. I don’t have money to blow, so if I am going to spend a lot of money on something I’d rather do it on something that works!

My question:
That’s why I was wondering if anybody knows a good electrologist in the Netherlands preferably in the region of Amsterdam that does electrology on larger parts of the body? I have searched for electrology (elektrisch ontharen) in the Netherlands, but I keep getting places that do laser hair removal (most of them say it’s permanent hair removal) and only seem to mention electrology in tiny letters for the few stubborn hairs that get left behind or for hair on the face.

I would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions! :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you be willing to travel to Belgium? I know some good practitioners in Antwerp.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your reply! Antwerp is not that far away so timewise it definitely would be possible. Though it will be extra expenses for me and my money situation at the moment is not the best… I think I might even only be able to afford a small area for now. So I am hoping to find someone nearer to me. Though I would love to hear some more info on the practitioners that you know if you are able and have time to share Andrea.

I have found a few more websites of clinics that offer electrology in Amsterdam. I will call them tomorrow to ask if they also do it on the body.

Great! Please let us know if you find someone you like, so others will have an easier time.

I have a consult with a clinic next friday. When I asked on the phone if they did electrolysis on the body, she said they usually don’t and was kind of trying to convince me to do laser. I’m really hoping I can stick to my wishes of only doing electrology and not cave!

I have read that it’s best to see different electrologists to see which one is best, so I will definitely still search around! And again would love to hear suggestions :slight_smile:

I will!

Also were the electrologists you know in Antwerpen by any chance from the 2passclinic? It was the one of the first things that came up during my google search. They seem extremely professional!! In the future if I have the means I would definitely want to go there. (If they also treat cis women as the website caters to transwomen)

Yes, I have been to 2pass and met everyone there. They recently added two more electrologists due to demand!

Ah great to hear!!

Well I’ve had two consults at different clinics. And am quite disappointed… The first one told me basically that they don’t do electrolysis on the body. She said they have the best laser “Thunder” and I should try laser first. The second one said on the phone that electrolysis is the least effective treatment and a lot of times it takes 10 years. And that laser is way more effective. And that they have the newest best laser “LightSheer DUET Diode lasersystem”.

:frowning: Ugh, I really don’t know what to do. I REALLY don’t want to shave my nipple and happy trail area

The second clinic is willing to do it on the body for 125 euro an hour. I had a consult today and the girl that does electrolysis was really friendly and did a testpatch on my breast. She used Blend method and I felt some pinching and a light burning sensation, but I guess that’s ok?

Now I have to really think about the cost. I’m hesitating if I should just start here and see. Or save up money and go to Antwerp to do marathon session, as it is 80 euro an hour there (or 100 euros with painpump). So that would be way cheaper and may cover my travel expsenses. Also I assume they are more specialized there.

I too am still looking for an electrologist in the Netherlands who treats large body parts. Like you I have had the same experience that everyone is telling to do laser instead…

1 Like

It is really frustrating right!!

I just booked 3,5 hours at 2PassClinic in Antwerp. I have no idea how many hair they can remove in this time, but even if it’s just a small part I would be happy. This way I can how I feel about it and if I want to save up and invest.

1 Like

Great! I believe they have options where more than one practitioner can work on you so you can double the speed.

Hi! How was your experience at 2pass? Did it work? I am also looking to do electrolysis but I do not see many in the Netherlands. I would be willing to travel to Antwerp tho!

Hi Andrea,

Do you know any place I can go with good results? I don’t have that much but I would like to remove them from my chin. Especially the darker ones

Try Beauty Clinic Lotus in Amsterdam. Confirm that they use Apilus machines.

https://beautycliniclotus.nl/

Thank you! I have contacted them but they do not have pictures of progress from other clients so that threw me a bit off since they didn’t have reviews or recommendations

Some practices do not include that information online for privacy reasons. They may be able to show some examples in the office, or they may be able to connect you with a satisfied client.

In some cases, the procedure can be covered by your healthcare policy, so you might check with your doctor for suggestions.

They told me that they only do laser on dark hairs so its going to be a hard pass for me. I do not want to do laser at all. The search continues I guess

Interesting, why would you specify a specific manufacturer?