Electrologist in Lower Manhattan in New York City

I checked out a few electrologists in New York City recently to clear up about 15 hairs I have left from previous treatments in LA. Diane Mazza at Absolutely Clear Electrolysis is definitely the best one I found in lower Manhattan.

She has an Apilus Senior and performs thermolysis and fastest microflash, but can also do blend on that machine. The insertions were great and she used a gold probe. She is also very willing to pro-rate treatments, which is great in my case as they’re definitely a lot shorter than the usual minimum of 15 minutes given that I only have a couple hairs to treat. The only downside is that she only takes cash, no credit cards. But I can live with that.

http://www.absolutelyclearelectrolysis.com/
117 W 13th St (between 6th and 7th Ave)
New York, NY
Phone: (212) 243-2867

Thank you LAgirl.

I was wondering about the blend.

I have it done on my breasts and bikini and I have thermolysis done in other areas. I was wondering why once in awhile I get a dark area where the electrode has been touching my skin.

How long does this take to heal. My electrologist said it could take several weeks to fade. Does that make sense?

While the probe in your follicle is producing Lye, the so called indifferent electrode, or ground is producing Hydrochloric Acid. In the old days, people would sometimes mistake the polarity of the machines, and instead of performing electrolysis, they would be tattooing the person as the probe would be burning the inside of the follicle with Hydrochloric Acid causing a black scar inside.

In your case, you are just more sensitive, or you are producing more sweat, or your sessions just managed to run a little long on the days you had this result.

The way to avoid this is to either move the ground around every now and then, or hold it in your hand instead.

This will tend to fade in anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. It is a type of chemical burn.

I always enjoyed the term “indifferent electrode.” It makes me visualize an electrode looking bored or being blasé about the treatment. Why tattooing took place with set-up errors on “ancient” machines is because the weak HCl slightly dissolved the metal needle in the patient’s skin — thus leaving a (permanent) dark mark! This error is impossible on all machines made today.

About marking from the hand-held electrode? I have never heard that one. I wonder what the electrologist is using to wrap around the metal piece? Best is a fat sponge soaked in a weak salt-water solution. Even a couple “baby wipes” will work. If you are using a bare metal hand-held electrode — maybe that’s the reason for the marking?