electrologist and acne!

finally after months of thinking and saving, I got electrologist done on my sideburns and chin a month ago, well the hair was treated and i felt good, but i noticed same amount of hair growth the net week after my first treatment, so i decided to get it done every week, becasuse of excessive hair . but unfortunately i 've been breaking out alot…i never had acne like this, sure i had occasional pipmles on my forhead, but my sideburns and chin, i dont know what to do, right now i’m on medication ( tetracycline) for ingrown hair , and infected hair follicle on my biknni line, and i also apply differn to affecte area ! is this going to help my acne post electologist? please if you know anything that would help let me know thank you!

Have you spoken to your electrologist about this yet?

Before you do anything it’s important to rule out the obvious stuff (namely infection after treatment). After treatment make sure you don’t touch your face at all with unwashed hands (more difficult than it sounds!) Don’t dry your face with a shared towel or a towel that you have used for the rest of the body. Use a separate small towel, and try and clean it (or use a different area of it) every day. Change your pillowcase frequently (every day or two if possible). Don’t apply your medication with unwashed hands. After applying conditioner to your hair, wash your face and shoulders with soap again incase the conditioner is clogging your pores.

If you’re still getting spots then it might be best to go back to your doctor for some different medication. Actually, I heartily recommend P8N8 sensitive skin serum. A little bottle lasts ages and it cleared up my acne within a fortnight. As someone who had acne for 18 years and tried everything bar accutane, I was pretty astonished!

pamd:

Can you tell us what P8N8 serum means? Ingredients? Where can you buy it or anything else you know about it?

Dee

P8N8 is the name of a skincare line. The ingredients list is shown at www.p8n8skincare.com

Bio-Energized Extract of Japanese Green Tea, Butylene Glycol, Canadian Willow Herb Extract, Bacillus Ferment, Sodium PCA, Polyacrylamide/C13-14 Isopraffin/Laureth-7, Multi-Vitamin Complex, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrogen Peroxide, Chamomile Extract, Comfrey Extract, DMDM Hydantoin, Natural Fragrance.

It’s actually not marketed as an acne treatment, but a beauty therapist friend told me her customers were having really good results with the sensitive skin serum (the other products not so much) . I’ve recommended it to 6 clients so far and it cleared up their spots too. It’s a bit drying though.