Electrogist Recommendations in Massachusetts

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my recommendations for 2 good electrologists in Massachusetts who I found after 1 year of trial and error.

Just to give a little bit of background about my electrolysis experience, I live in the Boston area and tried 9 different electrologists and the EINE electrology school in Tewksbury. Initially, I did not know what “good” electrolysis was supposed to be like and wasted 1 year of time and money on folks that:

1. Plucked - Lack of smooth epilation/hair release meant it was an expensive plucking session each time
  2. Injured my skin - Settings were so high that my skin was fried to a crisp each time (burnt black as char) or had thick red welts; they claimed that it was to speed up the epilation process as they had a personal quota to meet, example, 10 hairs/min!
  3. Practiced poor hygiene - did not clean skin area before or after session, were stingy with cooling down area (did not want to use their aloe)
  4. Over-charged - Stopped treatment early and tried to charge for full time, took breaks in between (e.g. to answer the phone) but still charged for full time
  5. Pushed products
  6. Not open to open dialogue - did not want to hear about any post-treatment inflammation or about settings that were too painful to tolerate

Finally, once I knew what “good” electrolysis was supposed to be and feel like, I found two amazing electrologists and wanted to share their information with my fellow hair-sufferers.
They are the following:

1. Marie O’Connell at Arlington Electrology -
    2464 Massachusetts Ave
    Cambridge, MA 02140
    (617) 661-9300

2. Marion Saluto at Bellino Electrolysis -
    37 Longbow Road
    Danvers, Massachusetts 01923
    (978) 774-2387
    http://www.bellinoelectrolysis.com/

3. Christine McCann in Woburn - saw her only twice as she is almost retired now

I have been seeing Marie and Marion for two years now and can recommend them without hesitation. Both of them are not only deeply knowledgeable and dedicated to the field, but are also genuinely good people who are in it to help their patients. They are also open to working with their patients to find an approach that works for the patient as well i.e. balancing the killing of hair while minimizing skin trauma and pain. I am very fortunate to have finally found them and have been seeing good results (hair reduction, change in hair’s “phenotype” after treatment). :grin:

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

Thank you for taking your precious time to pay forward with your recommendations! I’m pretty sure you have helped many others.