Electric Shavers ... For your head?

I have recently been contemplating on getting and electric shaver for use on my face, scalp, and chest. For years I have forgone shaving at all (I just buzz trimmer everything) because of ingrown hairs. (The chest was the worst, but gotta show off the tattoos.) So recently I gave in and started to shave on a regular basis (just about daily to keep smooth). It’s been about 2 weeks, and I am fed up with razors for the scalp and face. The ingrown hairs on the neck are the worse.

So anyone, please if you can recommend a great shaver for multipurpose use please let me know. Thank you.

Just maybe this could apply to you. I felt the same way. I wanted to stop buying M3’s and Venus’ so I considered just going with an electric. I went out and got a Braun SynchroPro with the Clean and Recharge stand. It cleans self-cleans the razor with this stuff that smells like Axe deoderant or something, lemony limey type smell, and, the cartridge needs to be changed once a month. They’re ten bucks. So, I get a choice, do I spend the ten bucks on a cleaning cartridge, or a 4-pack of M3’s? You know, they get you, no matter what you do.

So I used the Braun for a bit (one week). It had pro’s and cons. Pro’s = use it on the go, saves water because I usually shave in the shower. No more dealing with dull razors, no more shave cream, no more nicks, gets some areas better than a blade, but usually is always about 20% less as good as an M3 triple blade. Kind of like a close razor shave with a third of a day’s growth.

But, I don’t have a dome. I seriously have always considered a dome, especially now that a good friend of mine just did it and it just plain rocks. I swear, it automatically takes twenty years off your age. And, all my friends with domes, all of them, use electrics to shave their heads. None use a razor.

Cons = doesn’t work well on moist skin, doesn’t get hair that’s still not 24 hours of growth, noisy, hot, costs $140 bucks. That’s 14 months of Gillette M3 blades. Slower than a razor on the body, especially the chest.

So what I did was that I told myself I would switch back and forth…
…Well, a month later, the thing is still sitting in the little recharger mostly unused. Pretty much a waste of money. I only use it when I’m late for work and I pick it up on my way out the door. Would I buy it again? No.

But, still, I would rate the Braun SynchroPro, the Activator and the 360 as the very best amongst all electrics. Lots of money? Get a Braun 360, price: about $159.

Mantaray