Electric razor?

What is the best electric razor for shaving arms?

IMHO the best electric shaver for arms is the Braun Activator. The Activator is soon to be replaced by the 360 Complete. It has an improved cutter and foil design. The 360 replacement cutter and foil will fit on the old Activator.

If you want to spend less money, go with a Remington foil. They shave close but the foils don’t last as long. An MS-370 can be purchased for $30-40.

RJC2001

Thank you for the reply. Activator is pretty expensive. I’m sure you get what you pay for. What about the bodygroom? Thanks again, Charles44

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish… If you are trying to trim - the Bodygroom is OK. If you’re looking for a smooth look - don’t do it. It’s not as good as advertised.

Hi Charles44

Expense must be written off against achievement in my opionion. The remintions and foils razors are good for flat surfaces like the chest and maybe the arms. They give a good clean shave with little stubble.

My personal preference is the Phillips (Norelco) Coolskin which is fully waterproof. It is good on facial hair and on legs, such as the knees, or anywhere where there are body contures.

I think RJC mentioned a 5 head version of this razor coming soon in place of the 3 head current version. I haven’t seen it yet, but I will be first in line to buy as the 3 head is already very good.

Regards
Stuart

Hi Charles44

Expense must be written off against achievement in my opionion. The remintions and foils razors are good for flat surfaces like the chest and maybe the arms. They give a good clean shave with little stubble.

My personal preference is the Phillips (Norelco) Coolskin which is fully waterproof. It is good on facial hair and on legs, such as the knees, or anywhere where there are body contures.

I think RJC mentioned a 5 head version of this razor coming soon in place of the 3 head current version. I haven’t seen it yet, but I will be first in line to buy as the 3 head is already very good.

Regards
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The 5 blade wonder is the Gillette Fusion, a manual blade. It is even better than the M3 Power! I’ve had 3 IPL treatments (Harmony and Cutera Prowave 770) on my entire legs and lost a lot of hair this winter and spring. There are some areas on my upper legs where there is zero hair! If I shave with the Fusion Power, it feels like I never had hair, even on my lower legs. And I can go for 3 days before I even see any hair at all.

Because of my laser (last year) and IPL treatments, the remaining hair is finer and I actually get pretty good results with the Bodygroom. But a Coolskin or Activator will shave closer.

You just need to try the different electrics to see what works best for you. The manufacturers will let you return them, either direct or through the retail store you bought it from. I prefer the Activator. Braun is closing out the Syncro (to be replaced with Syncro Pro) and you can probably get them for around $100. Amazon.com has the Remington MS2-370 for $19.99.

Stuart is right about the top of the line electrics. The Norelco and higher end Brauns will do better on areas like the the knees and calves.

RJC2001