Electric or No?

howdie…

i’m 18 and incredibly hairy (sometimes when i think i might be exaggerating i look at other females around my age or older and… well… i’m not.)

i get razor burn when i shave so i tend to not like doing it…(ive tried the typical advice to combat this, and i use the venus razor) plus it takes me atleast an hour usually…

i had one eletric razor before (Phillips shave & care [its a few years old… i got it when they first came out… and if i remember right its the cheaper one of 2 they had]) and i liked it but it doesnt seem to do a good enough job for me… it works fine for my mom but she doesnt have the thick hair i have…

i have super light skin and dark thick hair… i realize this makes me a darn good canidate for lazer hair removal but i just… cant afford it right now…

the idea of waxing doesnt appeal to me either… i mean if i cant deal with shaving pain i seriously doubt i could deal with waxing.

is there an electric that is good for thick hair? when i let my hair grow out it looks pretty… hm… how to say this… male.

i gave up shaving for about 9 months or more just because i was fed up with it and my fiance told me that i shouldnt shave anymore…

even though he doesnt mind my hair i was still very subconcious and i would always concentrate on whether or not my pants were showing my leg hair when i sat down…

my dad didnt help either… (he’s a really great guy and really loving… but he’s also brutally honest) he doesnt like female body hair at all and he’d cringe if he saw my legs… he even called me “turantula legs” a few times…

Kim:

Ok, since for you shaving, waxing and laser($) are problamatic for you, how about a good Epilator?

Try the Braun 7505 Synchro shaver. Or you may want to try some of the wet/dry shavers made for women by remington and Panasonic. The Braun is more durable though and will hold up better for body shaving.

RJC2001

im in the same boat you are in, have lots of body hair, shaving is no solution, and laser is out of the question. your best bet, is what im doing. use a regular hair clipper for hair cuts, and use the number 2 setting (1/2" i believe) . it drastically reduces the appearance of that burly body hair and it also still gives the appearance that you arent shaving. so people dont ask you “you shave your chest?”. i use this because shaving with either a blade or an electric razor wasnt giving me results, i was only smooth for about an hour and then it was ingrown hairs and stubble.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Aguila:
<strong>Kim:

Ok, since for you shaving, waxing and laser($) are problamatic for you, how about a good Epilator?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>thats… painful… isnt it? i’m a whimp.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by qbmike152000:
<strong>im in the same boat you are in, have lots of body hair, shaving is no solution, and laser is out of the question. your best bet, is what im doing. use a regular hair clipper for hair cuts, and use the number 2 setting (1/2" i believe) . it drastically reduces the appearance of that burly body hair and it also still gives the appearance that you arent shaving. so people dont ask you “you shave your chest?”. i use this because shaving with either a blade or an electric razor wasnt giving me results, i was only smooth for about an hour and then it was ingrown hairs and stubble.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>that’d be great if i was a guy… lol ; )