Doubting my progress

Hi everyone! I am happy that I found this place!

I am a 30 year old Transwoman from Cologne, Germany and I am into electrolysis since 192 hours, mostly thermolysis(flash), since about 20 month.
My electrologist has 10 years of experience with electrolysis and also with the special treatment of transpersons. She uses a sinusblend and we started with blend but after a while she mentioned that there was an update for the thermolysis modality so we tried that and I found it to be less painful and of course it’s nice that it is so fast
She works in a dermatologist office and the whole equipment and her treatment seems fine and professional to me. I also never tried somenone else because here in Germany epilation is covered by public healthcare and it is quite tough to get their permission for a regular cosmetic studio.

My concern is that I feel I am not near to halfway done. My starting point was unfortunate, but as I read the posts of you guys here, my impression is that the regrowth rate is to high. She is absolutely dismisse when I ask her about how long it will take. She always states you know you had a whole bunch of facial hair. I always took that for granted but of course the longer my transition moves on, the more I am suffering from my facial hair. I succeded voice therapy long time ago, had FFS and would say I pass pretty well, but these hair destroys everything.

I still have a strong shadow around the mustache area despite she cleaned that place for dozens of time. We still did not make it to the neck. And when I ask her when she thinks will the the first clearance be, she says oh girl that will take time.
She almost never finishes someone under 300 hours.
I mean is this whole procedure now suddenly speeding up or will it take like 500 hours…
I am really desperate and cry almost everyday.

What would you reccomend me to do? I wrote a mail to Beate Ritzert, which would be a 3 hour train ride but I would do it immediatly, if she’d be availabe.
Could you reccomend anyone else in the area? Should I stay with her?
It especially hurts to read that someone like Bono never exeeded 100 hours for a complete beard.
I feel so uneccesary tortured.

Thank you so much, love from Germany!

Not every client will be able to finish in 100 hours. Some have more hair, or more difficult hair, ther is skill of the practitioner to consider. I have one trans case with both neanderthal and viking genetics, trans person, who is very quickly approaching 400 hours… Just when you think you are that good, that you can get it done in that much time along will come a case to prove you wrong.

Michael works in blend.( specifically fast blend with a heavy thermolysis component). . I do tend to recommend blend for those who want to fast track competion, but it’s not a given. If you are overweight, have extensive hair ( especially curled hair and are older, you wont be finishing in that much time. If I had had to treat the amount of hair in blend, that I do on that client I mentioned it wouldnt have been 400 hours, it would more likely have been 1000 hours. When I began there was enough it took me 5-6 hours to just do a single clearance on the cheeks, no chin, no jawline, JUST the cheeks. She isnt upset about the progress , and neither am I.
If you are able to provide some before and current pictures and more information on timelines I may be able to give you some hope, but trans -beard removal is not a short process.

1 Like

Please read the informations under: https://www.elektroepilation-standard.de

Thank you for your replies!
I now have an appointment with Dr. Ritzert and am super happy.
I know that trans beard removal could take longer than I would like, but I just think I am too far away from a proper progress… I think it’s really a good idea to get a second opinion and feel the work of someone else on my face.
Thank you Ellen, I already read about your work and think that it sounds great, but you are even more far away and I actually don’t have a driver’s license :frowning:

Did you see the member list? In Duisburg is Stella Tarala.

Addendum: I am currently fully booked and couldn’t offer you appointments.

Thank you Ellen! Would you reccomend Stella? I am searching for a really effective procedure.
I heard Dr.Ritzert is one of the best… But would gladly try someone a little nearer…

Yes, I can recommend in good conscience. I have seen her work and it is great. She also works according to the “Standards für Behandlungszeiten mit der Elektroepilation”.