Don't know if I'm alone...

I’ve posted a few threads here and there trying to help people and trying to help myself. At times I look at myself and think that there is no way I can get rid of this hair. It seems like I’m stuck with it. I guess that’s how most people feel before they begin treatment. But it has a huge effect on my social life and my social life is dependent upon this dastardly problem I create in my head. I’ve talked to several people I’ve met through here who have gotten rid of their hair or who are almost done. Maybe I just feel so skeptic because I haven’t began.
There is lots of talk about laser and I had five treatments done. There are people with success stories but the problem I found was that this is not universal. They say the hair does not come back…well they can’t say that to me. And what hair dissappeared could not be predicted and I ended up with patches. I guess the trade off from that is that it grew back. What would really be nice to have back is that $1375 I spent. The lower part of my neck and upper part of my chest was bare on two different occasions and grew back both times. From there I thought it was all over. The folks at www.consumerbeware.com bash electrolysis and praise LHR consistently but I found little hard evidence to back their assertions nor did I trust them.
I’ve been researching electrology a lot and I’m convinved that this is my route, my hope. I just want this gone, thats all. Sometimes I get scared that it won’t work on me, it will all come back once I’m done, or that I will be left with tons of pitting on my skin. I guess I can only combat that skepticism by plunging in one day. I would start with electrology right now as we speak but I am not going to be in one place consistently for the next year so that would make it impossible. Next January though, watch out.

Tell me I am not alone!

md1239,

It’s sad to know that laser does not work for you. In general, Laser requires more than 5 or 6 treatments. And Laser is best classified hair reduction. Many people are satisfied with laser result, although not 100% hair free.

For my experience, I had a satisfactory result with Laser, but I did not finish the Laser treatment… (Well, I read this forum), and I switched to electrolysis. The main reason I switched to Laser is that the hair growing back are a lot finer and lighter, I thought I might just change to electrolysis.

Personally, electrolysis is far more painful than laser, and took a lot longer.

Well it would not be correct to say that it did not work. Hair fell out after each session but it didn’t take too long for it to come back. Its nowhere as thick and dark as it was before but the hair is still there and it still makes me uncomfortable. I guess I’m ok with it but I’m ready for the day its gone.
How far along are you with electrolysis?
In my experience, the laser was a lot more painful. Maybe thats just me. I had a consultation of electrology but I did not find the pain to be unbearable. On the other hand, with laser, I was in pain. I’m sure it varies upon each person.
And the reason I stopped with laser was like you, I found this site. I figured I had reached a good enough point to not continue the treatments and wait a bit until I could start electrolysis.

Hair fell out after each session but it didn’t take too long for it to come back. Its nowhere as thick and dark as it was before but the hair is still there and it still makes me uncomfortable.
All the grow backs are itchy. Not just from Laser, but also the one removed by electrolysis. I guess we can’t do anything about this.

How far along are you with electrolysis?
In short, I’ve completed with my hair removal with electrolysis, now I scheduled a follow up, the gap for follow up is about 6 weeks.
My areas are underarm, genital and stomach. It was a very painful process of hair removing. But now, I am happy.