Does using ice reduce effectiveness of lasers?

I recently started using the Tria, and some areas with denser and darker hairs hurt too much on the higher levels. I tried using an ice pack first and it reduces the pain significantly. However, I am worried that cooling the skin a lot might reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.

It doesn’t mention anything in the manual about it either way. Thanks.

Well I don’t really know nothing about hair but I heard somewhere that cooling the skin actually helps to get better results from treatment. Anyway, I’ve been doing IPL at a center and the machine actually cools the skin before firing the “light/heat”.

Thanks for your response. I haven’t heard that before, but hopefully it is true.

Can anyone else confirm this?

It won’t reduce the effectiveness, some clinics use ice before hand as well. Expecting results from the Tria is your biggest issue since it won’t give any permanent results.

The Candela GentleLase was one of the first alexandrite lasers to include an integrated “cooling system”. It sprayed a fine mist of solution over the treated area immediately after the laser fired, cooling the surface skin as it evaporated.