Does this look right? Clean N Easy Deluxe aftermat

Hi,
I started using my Clean N Easy Deluxe with the dial set at 5 on average. I held it in place for the instructed 15 seconds, only going back in the same follicle twice a handful of times. For the most part, if a hair didn’t come out after the first try, I just left it alone. This is what my leg looks like after about a week. I use tea tree oil and aloe Vera gel immediately after hair removal and throughout the day. Should I adjust the settings/method or is my reaction to be expected? I’ve also just experimented by setting the dial at 2 and holding it in for 20-25 seconds to see if my skin doesn’t get as red, but I have to give it a couple days to see the result.

Holy Shit!!!

I’d wait and see how that heals in all honesty…those are some huge scabs.

But how could there be any scabs??? She put some CREAM on! Ok, I’ll stop muahahaha

you better
in electrology, less is more. Plain ol water is the best thing to put on you skin. No, really.
Tea tree oil can dry the skin and be a little harsh used pure. It’s best used sparingly. The aloe is ok, but most commercial aloes contain toxic thickeners (case and point “fruit of the earth” which you can buy at walmart has a known toxin inn it, and was tested to contain none of the biological indicators of the aloe plant! Buyer beware) . There’s a company called Healthy Planet which carried pretty much as pure aloe as you can buy.Aloe after thermolysis makes sense but with a pure galvanic machine like the clean and easy( one touch) there is no thermolysis. You should be keeping the skin as clean as possible, not putting more stuff on it.
The one touch units are garbage, pure and simple.
Those are some large scabs and they look inflamed. Leave them alone let them heal. If you want to try electrolysis yourself pick up a used machine from kijiji or craigslist. The Clean and easy, is not a good machine.

Amateur!!! Don’t even put water! lol

You will be fine. I had similar scabbing after professional treatments on leg hair with gold Ballet probe and Apilus Senior II.
Tea tree oil- not a lot, moisturize overnight with occlusion will help them go away faster.

jpg images

No water and keeping the area clean and contaminant free is the best way to promote healing.Bottom line , none of this stuff has th ability to enter the follicle at this point.Tea tree oil some people react badly to. If used it should be sparingly and for no more than a day or two or you risk drying out the skin.

With Galvanic, a largish honey coloured scab is considered acceptable. These look angry and red, and anything but that.my guess the result of the non-sterile clean and easy “probe” already introducing contaminants to the follicle. Your body is currently flooding the area with blood and healing cells. See Mike Bono’s The Healing Skin series of videos on Electrology Now youtube channel. The others are right, let it heal. And for goodness sakes throw the clean and easy crap in the rubbish bin where it belongs.I think it likely you might end up with some (always temporary) hyperpigmentation but long tern there will not be any harm done.

and zapmyface I graduated from amatuer bigmouth to professional bigmouth quite some time ago.

The joke was that if you put anything on the treated area you’re an amateur, but anyway like always no ill intent! No one dared to counter-proof our theory/statement that creams have no effect yet… I’M WAITING PEOPLE!

It is not possible for a client to not “put something on the skin to make it heal faster.”

Zapmyface you have to just give in to human nature, I suppose. Of course some temporary effect is helpful and makes clients think it’s working … when, of course, the skin heals on its own schedule; not ours. I’m not opposed to “products” but hope people don’t get too aggressive and only use the safe ones (a little lubrication?) Feels good too and that’s just fine?

I will say that there is a potential “matrix” problem with very large scabs (and the real benefit of lubrication) … but DAMN I don’t want to open that “can of worms!” You can get a sense of this by researching burns and scabs.

What’s the advantage of creams and lotions? The big advantage is to the people selling “products.” Sometimes I think, were it not for women’s make-up, hair and beauty products (not to mention clothing and jewelry), we would have a financial depression.

NO! TOO VAGUE!

LET’S DESTROY THE CREAM RELIGION ONCE AND FOR ALL ON THIS FORUM AND BURN EVERYONE THAT DARES TO SAY THE C WORD.

BURN THESE HERETICS!! LET THE CLEANSE BEGIN!

Ok back to taking my meds lol

Michael sometimes you like your Emu oil and sometimes you don’t believe anything helps the skin.

But to quote you from 2011
"We “discovered” a copper polypeptide product that has real science behind it for wound-healing (lots of information on the web). These are commonly used after hair transplant. The one we are using is “iS:” “innovative skin care” product “super serum.” This has the right copper peptide formula, the right vitamin-C and safe skin lighteners. It’s working great.

I’m not a big fan of applying skin lotions unless needed. This one is fulfilling my greatest expectations. My patient’s skin will be perfect. But we need to use it throughout the entire procedure. Thank you Dr.C! "
I guess some lotions and potions do still work on skin or this week nothing helps? :slight_smile:

P.S. tee tree oil or moisturizing skin will not super speed healing process on cellular level, but as you state yourself, “lubricating” factor does assist in shedding and minimizing the scabs. Most people just don’t want to walk around with visible scabs for weeks, so Emu oil can help.

And then they could spend more money on hair removal instead. This is awesome financial planning Michael…

Yes! Various “products.” Sometimes they do nice things and other times cause negative skin reactions.

There’s a difference in, say, how a dermatologist or plastic surgeon looks at skin and an esthetician. I know the physicians I’ve worked with want to see “big results” that can be objectively documented. Estheticians (and the public) seem to be happy with subjective results.

Decades ago, I bought a ton of equipment from Germany for my esthetician to use (Deutsche Nemectron). A woman would come in for a treatment and she always thought her skin looked “fantastic” afterward. I never saw anything except irritated skin (from the treatments).

If “it” makes you happy and doesn’t cause harm … well, that’s just fine and dandy.

BTW, remember Retin-A. So far that’s the only topical I know of that can thicken and improve the dermis … but not popular because of all the side effects. (Nasty to use, and don’t get it on your “petutti.”)

I like the term ‘‘subjective results’’. I know I’m annoying with this but for everyone reading who’s using a cream, please do a simple test for yourself (ok, and for me too): take an area you want, slather your cream on half, take a picture, rinse and repeat for a few days and see for yourself!

Results: No more subjectivity! If it works, you’ll know for a fact that it does and you’ll have the privilege to finally shut me up (lol), and if it doesn’t, I just saved you hundreds of dollars!

Thanks for sharing your photo. How long did it take for it to heal? If the same thing happened to you after professional treatment, I think I’ll keep using my Clean N Easy. Maybe this is typical for electrolysis on legs? I might wait till after summer to do more on my legs if it takes a long time to heal.