Does this look like something serious

Hello i did my electrolysis session yesterday and i got scabs and tiny pimples i am very worried is this normal i have this kind all over my face please suggest me something should i stop doing it

I dont see any items of concern.The scabbing can be very normal. The only acne iI see is unrelated to your electrolysis.

2 Likes

Hello can you tell me will scab everytime i will go for electrolysis i am so depress

And can i put my any antibiotic cream onthe pimple

given the methods I suspect were used in this electrolysis, yes, I think it likely it will scab on repeated visits. Would you normally presume a different result when all other factors are the same?
As for the Acne, um… pop the damn thing! maybe treat with tea tree oil or witch hazel afterwards to cleanse the area.

1 Like

I went first time for the electrolysis should i talk to her cause i dont want scabs on every sitting and it will leave any marks behind and when it will fall

You can relay your concerns about scabbing and ask if your electrlogist uses insulated needles.

Can you please will it leave marks behind and how long it takes to fall off

You may be too anxious for electrolysis. You should wait until you are better informed and comfortable with the process ( if that happens).

Yeah i will go and talk to my electroligist that i dont want scabs everytime and thankyou for the help

Hi there, the denser the face is with hair, the more the chance of receiving scabs during electrolysis. The deeper the filament has to be inserted into the hair follicle the more heat is involved. However, the scabs with definitely decrease over time, after the hair has been treated several times. Yourhair will become weaker and not so deep seeded. Your hair growth will also slow down. I would suggest after your electrolysis appointment to put hydrogen peroxide on the treated areas for the next three days as often as you like. The hydrogen peroxide will draw out any impurities and oils. It will help keep the areas of your face nice and clean and dry. Also apply on the following day, after your electrolysis treat some polysporin cream. It will help soothe the areas that are healing much faster. Please make sure to NOT pick off the scabs prematurely. This can cause scarring. Also use cold compresses on your face. Water is very therapeutic and healing. Remember to be patient. Electrolysis is not a quick fix. Be kind to yourself.

Hello,
I was trained 32 years ago and if you scabbed a face you basically didn’t pass the course. I have had work done with both Thermolysis and the Blend modalities and never had anything but swelling and redness which went away very quickly. I still work old school style.
If your Electrologist understands the skin and can read the signs of trauma happening, the Electrologist should be able to make adjustments in their settings to avoid skin damage.
Today’s technology has improved to the point where Electrologists just choose a setting and go for it. That’s not necessarily good. My dad made me learn to drive a manual car or he wouldn’t let me drive. I thank him for that. Now everyone is going straight to automatic no understanding of how the gears work. Same with Electrolysis, you need to know how to do manual settings before using automatic. Over my 32 year career, I have seen what over-treated skin from Electrolysis looks like in many of my clients, who are menopausal, and had Electrolysis treatment’s when younger…not from me, The first question I ask is did you get scabbing, always the answer is yes. When you are young the surface may look ok, but what damage is below the surface may not show up until later.
Talk to your person doing the Electrolysis, if she is knowledgeable and can manually adjust her settings to keep the heat at the bottom of the follicle rather than blowing upward to the surface, scabbing can be avoided.
Just a tidbit of info, non fractionated CO2 lasers were used many years ago to resurface mouth wrinkles. The skin looked wonderful at first. Within 5 years, many people experienced lose of melanin and the skin became tough. They looked like clowns. We are not preforming resurfacing, but we also don’t know what all the scabbing will result in long term as the skin loses its elasticity.
And yes, I have removed many full beards and see the clients still as now they are bringing their children to me. I specialize in faces for all genders and surgical preps.
And I do mix laser and electrolysis.
Sorry for the rant but I see a scab on a face and I can’t help it. I, as the vain, perfect skin addicted person, would not be able to tolerate the scabbing. Neither would my clients.