Does the One Touch really emit a tone when you are at the root?

I’m trying the One Touch for the first time right now and having a hard time of if.

I tested the machine like the directions say to touch the stylet tip to the touchplate. The high pitched tone sounded then.

I’m holding it correctly with my wet fingers on the silver band. The stylet tip is extended out.

When I just touch the tip to my skin on the lowest setting, I can sort of feel a very slight electrical burning, nothing painful though.

I push the stylet around a hair follicle until it suddenly slips into my skin. I push it in then until it can go no further (the pen is flush against my skin). I rotate it around like the directions say. No matter what I do, I cannot hear a tone. Should I try a higher setting?

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to test it on a few hairs on my lower thigh right now. If that works I’ll move to the areas I want to treat.

And if anyone knows of an electrologist they’d recommend in the Tacoma, Washington area, I’d appreciate it.

Are you using salty water?

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by fin:
<strong>Are you using salty water?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Yes, but apparently I wasn’t using enough. You have to have it practically dripping down the pen thing to make the connection. I was dabbing off the excess first.

Of course, now it starts beeping as soon as it starts to go in the hole. :confused: I keep my finger off now until I think I’m at the root and then touch it down. It’s hard to tell when I’m at the root though…seems to be a huge variance in the depth of follicles even when right next to each other.

Sometimes it works great, 30 seconds and the hair slips out. Other times it just makes a welt and doesn’t do anything. I don’t know…I’m pretty patient, but I gave up after an hour.

It works great on my thigh. Too bad I don’t want to do my thigh. Worked terrible on my upper arm and shoulder. And the other area I tried is in the Mature Forum.

its near impossible doing the shoulder, youll have to get someone else to do it