Does lasering make trimming much harder?

I had body hair that was way too dense. It also likes to grow too long.

About two years ago I started a laser program in order to reduce the density of the hair. I wasn’t looking for complete hairlessness, just reduction. It seems to have worked very well. (In fact, I got a little more reduction than expected, but I’m not going to let that bother me. Nothing I can do about that now anyway.)

The remaining hairs are now presenting me with an unexpected problem. The issues is on my legs. The remaining hairs are still wanting to grow out to their natural length. My original plan was simply to trim them once every week or so to keep them at a normal looking length. However, they seem to be “weaker” - I don’t know how else to describe it. Specifically, they lay very flat against the surface of the skin. They look like they lack the energy to be erect enough to be off the surface of the skin. Thus, it is impossible for the trimmer to get underneath them and trim them.

Any thoughts/explanations/recommendations?

Is this a result of having been lasered? Is it a permanent condition?

Thanks.

(I am posting this on both the shaving and the laser forums, as I am not sure which is the best fit.)