Does Laser hair removal accelerate aging?

Hi guys,

I am a 22 year old male that had Laser Hair Removal performed approximately 3-4 years ago. My last treatment was on Jan 15, three and a half years ago, with 6-8 treatments spread over 1 month at a time.

Obviously, being middle eastern in nature, my face was very hairy. I had it done and saw beautiful results during the first week or so, where the hairs would just come out! During that time, I was so, so incredibly happy.

However, none of that lasted. My hair is back to its original length, and I don’t know…I feel like my skin is aging much faster for my age.

Can we start a discussion about laser hair removal and aging? Has there been any studies done? Does anyone have similar experiences?

(PS: My laser hair removal was almost unbearable. The hideous pitch of my screams were a tribute to my shrieking pain)

im middle eastern too:) getting back to the point:

yes there have been studies showing that sometimes , with some lasers, the light is absorbed by the water in the cells etc and that the lasers can sometimes affect surrounding tissues…
try looking at this site (pubmed.com) and you can come out with some interesting facts which make you think twice.
however im not that sure because i havent looked much into i but it is an area of concern.

dont you know that you are supposed to have a ‘top-up’ treatment once a year to keep hair growth down to a minimal?!

what are other views?

[ November 28, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: LadyPersia ]

I thought laser hair removal was more or less a garantuee for permanent reduction. Andrea, do you know if there is any scientific data on this? Laser hair removal is around for a couple of years now, so it would be interesting to know.