Does Hypopigmentation after IPL go away? I've been burned and scarred

About four weeks ago I got IPL for sun spots on both my arms. One of my arms was quite sore afterwards and got darkened maroon patches. They seemed quite superficial, not like deep blisters, however, when they flaked off I was left with horrible and very noticeable white patches all over my arm. I’m totally freaked out wondering if these will ever go away or if I actually paid good money to look 1000x worse than I did before. It has now been nearly 4 weeks since the treatment and it looks as bad or worse than ever.

I’m a surfer and cannot stay 100% out of the sun. I wear tons of sunscreen and cover up when I can. When I went for my treatment, I asked repeatedly if I was too tan to be a good candidate. They assured me I wasn’t too tan, and now they are telling me that my skin will be back to normal in 3-4 weeks. I don’t feel like I can trust these people at all at this point.

I’ve seen some other posts like this on here and honestly, I don’t feel too reassured. Has anyone dealt with this and had the issue go away? Are there any other practitioners that can offer some insight as to how I can treat this and how long it may last?

After seeing your photos, u won’t scar. Scar form when both epidermis & deeper skin layer r both damaged. But fortunately if it burn only epidermis but not deeper layer & beyond, u won’t scar. Hypopigmentation can last up to 5 yrs while skin tone gradually readjust itself without doing anything. Because I was burnt by IPL hair removal early in 2011, so i hv experienced & learnt from it

I still remembered that the pain & heat was excruciating continuously post treatment for upto nearly a week. Worst pain experience no one should hv gone through. If the therapist had been trained properly and they understand the technology, their machine and knowledge behind it, this shouldn’t b happening

For more info, please read => https://beauty-electrolysis-laser.blogspot.com/2019/10/burn-by-laser-or-ipl-post-treatment.html

Thank you for your reassuring words, I’m sorry you had to go through what you did. I’m really hoping my hypopigmentation doesn’t last too long.

Greenleaf1 are you in NYC ?? If so, I can help you. You can also reach me via email at ckaravolas@aol.com.

@greenleaf1 did your skin tone even out? If so, how long did it take?