Do these Home Lasers work? EDS member thinks so..

Hello all,

I was just wondering if you could please let me know what you think of the machines sold by the Chinese company Huamei. I read on the essential day spa forum where a lady bought one and it seemed to be very successful and fairly permanent for her. She said that she thought the machines weren’t well known or in common use as they aren’t actually FDA regulated but this doesn’t mean they aren’t effective. I understand there is danger with using something unregulated but to be honest, the benefits would outweigh the dangers for me…

Here is the website and the page with ipl machines- http://www.huameikj.com/en/product.asp?smallClass=IPLSeries

This is the laser she had success with-

http://www.huameikj.com/en/detail_product.asp?id=203

I believe she wrote she paid all up around $2800 US dollars (or it might have been over)

It looks fairly legit to me and I emailed the contact person who talked about them being a reputable company in China and sent me a pdf file of all the products they offer. I still don’t know though…I’d be purchasing an ipl or laser machine.

I’d be willing to put in the time to learn exactly how to use the machine and pay up to $3500.

If there are any other machines you think I could buy then please let me know. Keep in mind that I do not actually mind if you don’t get truly permanent hair free results- over 3 months would be enough for me…and then I’d just use it again. I do understand the need to be realistic with the limitations of home machines and long term rather than permanent would be alright for me. If hair reduction is something that can be permanently caused that would be good enough actually.

(By the way, the reason I want to buy my own machine is that I am a female with hair pretty much all over my body. It would just be too expensive for me to get ipl everywhere. I’ll probably end up getting it in about five years but for now I just want to be hair free for at least a while. It’s thick and dense in the usual areas and then slightly less but still thick in the others. I am translucent pale skinned with black hair as well so that shouldn’t be a problem.)

I have done soooo many searches on this forum and totally understand when many of you get frustrated with these recurrent kinds of posts but I just am not sure where else I could get as informed opinions…

Thank you so so so much!

Do you know how many emails i get from these people in China trying to sell their LHR machines? They are willing to make it look like any professional machine on the market just if you buy it from them.

As demonstrated by the Silk’n and Tria, you are not going to get professional, salon quality equipment at home, unless you purchase the real deal from a salon that is upgrading or going out of business. Everybody wants to believe that there is a home use LASER machine available as a brand new product for $3,500. What they desperately lose sight of is the fact that this is like someone telling you that they are going to sell you a brand new Mercedes SLK for $3,500 (Yes, the price difference IS that much) and if you just Western Union them cash, they will have your Brand New Mercedes delivered in 6 - 12 weeks(At these prices, we can’t build them fast enough you know).

Honestly, if you don’t have the money to do what you want to do with a professional, you would be best off paying a student to do it, or sponsoring a student, in exchange for the work you want. As such, it would be easier to get this done in Electrolysis, but I suppose that if you found someone who needed class time, and had access to a machine, or was taking out a second mortgage on their house to buy or lease a machine, you might still be able to get this same deal for LASER treatments.

Ok thanks, you’re right. I’ll look for a student.:slight_smile:

I love the Mercedes example! I think from now on any time someone asks about a home use machine, that should be the example given because it pretty much sums it up perfectly!

Actually, SLK only costs 50k so a better example would be SL550 which costs 100k.

It’s an IPL and the specs they list are OK. However, would I trust that what they put on the spec sheet if they have no one to answer to? Probably not. I would wonder instead why they only want $2800 for this machine when other machines with those specs sell for $50K. My guess is they wouldn’t be able to afford to make a machine with those specs if this is all they were getting for it. Plus, if it actually worked, everyone would be using it instead of theyr $50k+ machines.

About the example of that supposed lady, I would wonder 2 things:

1. In order to provide any insight into whether it worked for her, she would need to wait at least 5-6 months after her last treatment and judge reduction at that point. If she hasn’t, her “results” are not more valid than “permanent results from waxing”.

2. Does she potentially work for that company?

What are you looking to treat? $2,800 gets you quite a bit of treatments with a good machine.