Do not use flame to sterilize a One Touch stylus.

I read that advice in a post here that I cannot find again now.

As I just found out, the probe is too thin to withstand the heat of the flame and will melt and break almost instantly.

One is really better off using single use probes anyway. I doubt anyone doing this on the cheap wants to be bothered with real sterilization anyway. On the other hand, one doesn’t want to deal with the serious health issues reusing probes can bring to life in a big way either.

With the average being 50 probes in a package, most people would only need one box of probes to do what they are having done at home.

Not to sound like a commercial (I get nothing for saying this by the way) but I still have never found anything more comfortable and easy to use than the Ballet Gold Probes.

I think I’m going to try the One Touch again…do those Ballet Gold Probes actually work in the One Touch?

Ever give any thought to flying out to Seattle for a week or two, James? I’d pay in advance for ten hours or so. Might have other northwesterners flock in to fill up your schedule. :smile:

I’m not that familiar with the One Touch design, but I imagine you’d get pretty effective sterilization if you could leave the needle immersed in rubbing alcohol overnight.

In my opinion James’s advice regarding the replacement needles is right on. However, it illustrates a sad point: When you get down to it, everything about the One Touch ought to be replaced if you really want to do electrolysis.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by DIY’er:
<strong>When you get down to it, everything about the One Touch ought to be replaced if you really want to do electrolysis.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>True. But for some of us, it’s still the best option. I am doing as much professional electrolysis as I can afford and hope to supplement that and treat certain areas by myself. I cannot afford a professional electrolysis machine and don’t understand how to make the one NoHair’s webpage is about. :confused:

Maybe I should see if NoHair or somebody would make one and sell it.

I’m sympathetic. I meant that if you’re going to replace the needle, that already indicates you are somewhat handy, and if so, should explore building a whole new one from scratch.

How about posting an ad at your local community college, somewhere an electronic technician would see it? If your local high school has an electrical shop class, the kids there know plenty to be able to build a One Touch clone. Or ask around among your friends; someone who’s handy would likely be flattered and would enjoy the challenge.

Good luck,

Eric