Do modern machines have "meters" to show DC vs RF?

I’m asking because I heard of a technique where if you look at your DC meter while using blend, the DC meter will drop if the RF is set too high. I might be wrong about the details but the explanation was because the RF is drying out the follicle and not allowing the DC to work. Therefore, DC will drop since the RF basically took over.

I guess what I wanna know is do the older machines with meters have an advantage in this respect?

Thanks so much for all the help! I’m looking forward to purchasing my Instantron Elite Spectrum soon!

I wouldn’t be concerned about this. Modern machines don’t have meters anymore, they’re not necessary. I understand the temptation to be anxious about performing blend with the “correct” current levels, but the original concept is very simple and is only complicated by every electrologist having their own technique or preferred method.

Understand what blend is and how it is done. This issue is just minutiae. :slight_smile:

That makes sense! Thanks for this invaluable information!

I have been a blend practitioner for 41 years and have NEVER observed a drop in DC current when working with higher levels of RF. An external meter can be placed (I work with one) in the galvanic circuit of new machines to verify this. New (digital) machines have circuits to maintain consistent current levels.