DIY thermolysis- others opinions?

So the person I am talking about, I’m sure will recognize some of what I am about to say, but as Always I’ve been talking with someone who had a bunch of questions in private message about finding the thermolysis “working point” using thermolysis. They went on to say they had obtained a thermolysis only machine and were working up to working with it. I can recognize the DIY mindset pretty well and it was pretty clear this person had done some reading and research. They have worked out a “plan” in their mind on how to proceed and wanted my opinion on it.
I had to tell this person, I wasnt at all in favour of thermolysis as a first modality. I attempted to describe the risks, and I think the person was a little upset about that, because they havent responded since.I’d also asked them to put their questions into a thread, as I felt others could benefit from them.

I’d like to get others opinions on the subject. Was I too harsh in insisting they start with a galvanic modality and a machine that can do so?When I started electrolysis the popular advice I got was to start with plain galvanic, until I had learned to do accurate insertions . It’s advice that stuck with me and always served me well, but is it reasonable to assist someone who doesnt have the advantage of an electrolysis school and instructor, that thermolysis is not the modality they should be starting with?

I’m really wondering what others take is on the subject.

Seana

INDEED! You were giving great advice for the DIY person. Insertions have got to be right on target for thermolysis, where galvanic is more forgiving of a less than perfect insertion. If this person has a thermolysis only device, that’s probably disheartening advice to hear after they already spent the money on thermolysis only epilator.

Either modality can cause scarring in the hands of a non-trained person, with no experience. That’s why I always advise to just do body work if one is a DIY’er. Start out on the body and then maybe do the face later.