DIY electro and aftercare

Hi guys! I haven’t posted anything on this forum since buying my electrolysis machine, and since then I have used it only three times after experimenting with insertion. I used only thermolysis and was so precise with my insertions each and every hair slid out the follicle easily but left many little dots red then turned kinda brownish… I still have these dots until now I have read the guidelines for the treatment and was extra careful! I still need some tips on needle sizes and aftercare from those of you who have experience with DIY.
My goal is to achieve a treatment with minimum skin damage and I believe that although I was extra careful I have caused a damage for my skin… Suggestions on what to do next DIYers?

Red dots … red dots … red dots …

You didn’t damage skin. Red dots can be part of the normal healing response.

I would be extra careful not to work on your own face. Go to a professional electrologist for this area and save the DIY for your legs and arms, etc.

Oh come now Dee I’m certain DIY’ing your own face can be done :slight_smile:

I completly agree with dfahey. Doing electrolysis on your own face is not impossible, but this is very risky. I perfectly understand the wish to get rid of facial hair, the most quickly as possible, but if it for the price of permanent marks, it doesn’t worth it. However, as it was already said, red dots is completly normal.

I tried to do some “beard work” on my own face and royally screwed up (still have the marks). Not saying a person can’t do it … but I didn’t do a good job of it.

Red Dots? To the original poster: take the time and watch my 4 videos on “the Healing Skin,” Tedious, I know, but the data is in there. Understanding will give you, well, understanding. And, it’s all free shit too!

Free is good!

Well at the beginning red dots seemed to be a normal reaction for me and these bee bite like swellings each treated follicle formed but it resolved in a matter of three days however the red dots started to fade away turning into a brown color and a month later they are still there. It may sound crazy but in the first treatment there was barely any discoloration or change in skin as the second and third treatment. I haven’t made a difference except for changing the probe holder as I got a new one! I’m also using ballet golden probes and I don’t know if there is any better -brand, type or size- but guys here adviced me to get the ballet.
Michael I watched your latest video- brown spots from electrolysis- and now I’m watching the healing of skin after electrolysis.Very important stuff to bear in mind may not be practical as much as it is the science and concept behind healing and how it proceeds… I would say must watch videos for folks who intend to learn how to do it at home
Question for Seana! You also started as a DIYer and you have done it on your face I would like to know which modality you’ve used I can’t talk about settings here as my machine is different than yours but I’m only experimenting with thermolysis now

Hi Dona! My settings would mean nothing to you!

I worked entirely in blend on my face. I will say that the blend on the machine I learned on was low amounts of thermolysis in a relatively healthy dose of lye from galvanic.That’s where the “presets” or suggested settings, take you but I found like many others that modifying the settings in my favour worked a treat.

The relatively low amounts of thermolysis uused means the chances of causing any scarring is pretty minimal. But for face work , I will say, at first, your insertion accuracy is going to suck. Better to use blend than pure thermolysis where accuracy isnt quite as crucial.

The red spots , as michaels video will show you, will eventually fade to perfect skin. It does sound like however your duration of your treatments might have been a bit long for the thermolysis . Longer durations will creep up the probe to the surface, where we dont want them because the tissues are more easily damaged. You may also want to consider changing to an insulated probe.

To the naysayers who say facial work is not a DIY project, well, I’ve proven that isnt true.I dont however think I would have tried to do it with thermolysis alone, I think there is a certain amount of room for error that the blend has, but pure thermolysis doesnt . That’s just an opinion I guess.