DIY beginner - Instantron SS-99?

Hi all,

I’m a DIY beginner and I was able to get my hands on an Instantron SS-99. I believe this is an thermolysis only machine. However it came with an electrode on a red cord which I thought was only for galvanic. Anyways, would this be a reasonable machine to start out on? I have read that starting with blend is preferable, but this is what I have. I’d appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Here is a link to the model I have: https://www.texaselectrolysissupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1421

Thanks in advance!
-August

Cool. Maybe it’s for cataphoresis?? I’ve not seen instantron machines to include galvanic, but I know there are some out there. I like a machine that is capable of doing both, only because it adds another route to kill the hair. It’s also better for telangiectasia.

Honestly, anything that removes hair is a good machine to start out with. Have fun and be safe!

more likely it is a sensor for automatic use ( rather than pedal) , theres a small dc circuit to detect the needle has been inseerted in the follicle, but not enough to do any electrolysis or blend.