discoloration from pluckin

ok, so i’ve been plucking for a while now i guess. like 3 years. oh yeah, the middle of my eyebrows. so then i got laser or electrolises about 3 times. i dont know what it was but the family friend doctor said he treats most people with that laser for dermabrasion or something for the skin. my discoloration got better due to the few treatments and it actually helped the hairs to get thinner. after he did the laser, the hairs would turn white and just fall off as if they were burnt. then, after i stopped the treatments, i started to bleach it, and then started to pluck it again. now even if i dont touch the middle of my eyebrows for a week, its still discolored. its like a reddish color and the middle of my eyebrow is always darker than the rest of my pale face. :frowning: oh yeah, and i got laser treatment there recently about a week ago. its still discolored. will the laser treatments help the discoloration as well as the hair to go away? i’m desperate to keep my unibrow section of my face to look clean and never plucked like the rest of my skin. i even thought of skin bleaching but i thought not. right now, i put aveeno clear complexion correcting treatment on it. help please!! i’m in my teens, (older than 15 though) so will it heal like new cuz my skins still young?

Yes, it should heal with time. Why did you not continue with electrolysis? You do know that electrolysis will not solve your problem in three treatments,right? If you stick with it for about 10-20 treatments space out over a year, you will spend no more time worrying about this area. A skilled electrologist will make this better for you with little fanfare or fuss.

Dee

well, i dont know, they were kind of expensive i guess. i dont even know if it was electrolises. now i’m getting laser. i just got my first treatment last week. will the laser help the unibrow area to heal back to its normal color so its not the only part of my face thats darker than the rest or have not affect at all? mabye i have acne scars there. i’m really not sure.

Why would laser help the area heal back to it’s normal color? You are insulting/traumatizing the skin with heat. If anything, it could add to your discoloration problem. Any trauma could affect this area, but when all is said and done and the skin is left alone, you will most likely see the darkness fade with time.

You know that laser will not be able to see all hair colors in this area, right? That’s why I can’t understand why electrolysis is not pursued. It is not costly when you compare it to what you are doing now with laser that will only affect some hairs but not others in the long run. True electrolysis consists of a skilled practitioner inserting a tiny metal PROBE into individual hair follicles one at a time and delivering enough energy to destroy tissue that noutrishes those hair follicle. Does that sound like something you may have had?

The color will fade with time after you get the hair removed. You can wear makeup until then or use a licorice extract product perhaps to speed things along.

Dee

i think i got microdermabrasion that helped to get rid of the hair as well. so are you saying i should stop getting laser if i want my skin to not be red and discolored…

I never heard of microdermabrasion getting rid of hair. I assume you are talking temporary hair removal?

I’m saying that laser will not lighten up your skin. You can get laser to your hearts content if that is your chosen plan. After laser has done all it can for the area, you will still be left with hair. How much? I don’t know. This is a small area, so I was asking why you didn’t pursue electrolysis where hairs can be selectivly removed no matter what color they happen to be and you won’t be left with persistent redness if you get on board with a skilled electrologist.

wait so laser’s gonna make it red forever? i dont understand. after i’m done with laser though, the redness will soon heal right? and like if i’m in the sun after a month from getting laser, will i tan uneven? i mean, if have some scar tissue and i get a tan, will it get worse? anyways, so are you saying the i should get rid of laser and do electrolysis. becuase isnt electrolysis when they like poke the hairs out? when the doctor did that laser thing he didnt poke, the whole time i jsut heard clicking noises and a couple of spazed pulses. not to question your authority, but how are you so sure of these things. are you a doctor? dermatologist?

I’m an electrologist and I don’t “poke” the hairs out. I didn’t say laser will make you red forever. Most skin manifestations heal with time whether it be from laser or electrolysis. Your posts are not very clear, so it’s not easy to answer your questions. Should I assume that you never had electrolysis before, just laser three times and now you are discolored?

Can you re-state what your concern is?

It sounds like you never had electrolysis. You had irritation from plucking (did you use clean tweezers? did you clean the area and wash your hairs every time you plucked?) and then a doctor did a few laser treatments on you.

The problem with this conversation is that it is not clear what kind of irritation you have, so it’s not possible to tell you what the solution would be.

Can you describe in detail what color the rest of your face is, what your ethnicity is? What color is your hair? What kind of reaction do you get exactly from plucking? Is it redness? Is it bumpiness? Is it jsut darkening of you skin? Is it darkness from hairs that break off and are stuck underneath your skin causing a shadow? How long does it last? Can you post a picture?

Also, how old are you and are you male or female?

ok, so i’m sixteen. and the middle of my brows, is red all the time. i do constantly pluck. i think it has to do with unclean tweezers and i dont clean the area before i pluck. i went to my moms friends place, i really dont know what it is, but he had this small laser that would spark. he didnt shave my hair or anything before doing the procedure. he simply told me to close my eyes. i did and my hairs were pretty thick. i’m asian and my skin is on the pale side. when he did the laser, it burned the hairs which made them white. then within as few seconds after the treatment, i was able to pull the burn hairs out with my fingers. although the first three days my skin was red, the brow area and the upper lip, it was clean within the next day. i rememember him saying he couldnt guarantee all the hair to be removed, but said it would lessen the hair growth and thin the hairs out which it did. this was when i was about 14 and a half. then when i started to grow, i bleached it. at least 5 -6 times total.then i started to repluck it in the winter of of 2006. now, its constatnly red. then in the summer, recently, i got a laser treatment. the laser was kinda big, so the lady couldnt get all the little corners on the middle of my brows and start of my brows, so i plucked some of that part. right now, i’m burnt because i laid out in the sun. this was 3 and a hlaf weeks after the laser treatment. yeah, so i mean, i can wear foundation on that one spot, but at my age, i hate the fact that i have to. is it clearer?

what you need is an experienced electrologist (who performs electrolysis by treating one hair at a time) to remove the hair permanently forever. I wouldn’t do laser on that area because it’s very hard to be precise with it. Read the electrolysis forum on this message board and you will find lots of information. I would suggest having your mom read it too. Then you can find a good electrologist in your area and start treatments. Hair grows in several cycles, so it’s impossible to kill all hair in one area in one or two treatments. You will need treatments throughout a year to kill all the hairs in an area.

I’m sorry for you, in that, you went through all this plucking, lasing, bleaching, when you could have had all this hair worry behind you by using a simple and permanent proceedure called - Electrolysis. High tech lures people in the wrong direction sometimes. Laser is not the best you can do for yourself. Electrolysis is a better plan for you. Electrolysis is tried and true. It has been around for 130 years or so. Electrolysis has gone high tech as well even though the same principles that have made it successful for situations like yours for over a century are still in play, we now use computerization that makes the actual proceedure much better. Not all electrologists use computerized epilators and high quality magnification to see those tiny lip hairs, so it would be wise to look for someone who does to increase your chances of obtaining a good clearing at tolerable levels of energy with a good skin outcome. Tell your Mom. Okay?

Dee Dee