disadvantages of insulated probes in thermolysis

Are there legitimate reasons why an electrologist would not like to work with insulated probes for thermolysis?

Quick answer …

For any and all “automatic/computerized/’flash’,” users of thermolysis … indeed, the insulated needle makes perfect sense, especially if utilizing the so-called “up-down” procedure. And, that’s the majority of zapperettes.

If the operator is using manual thermolysis (with or without DC, i.e., blend), and a genuine tapered needle, then no, an insulated needle is not appropriate.

For the work I usually do, an insulated needle is disadvantageous. Blend with manual thermolysis, two-handed “progressive” epilation, body hairs = bare (tapered) needle only.

Michael, thanks for pointing out the insulated probes are ideal for fast thermolysis - probably even for the manual variant a few collegues here in Germany are practising (progressive flash in manually controlled 0.5-1 sec pulses).

One word to the insulation: somewhat dependent on the hair situation the free tip of an insulated probe should not be too small. I actually do not like to work on deep routed anagen hair with a short free tip of even a Kelly type IBP (and absolutely love the normal IBPs for this - it is immediately noticeable that they have been optimized for this situation)

But anyway: good results can also be obtained with uninsulated probes, especially if a comparatively large size is used. You simply need a bit more energy. Which means more pain and stronger healing effects.

Do i remember correctly that the tapered probes You like so much for probably very good reasons have the disadvantage not to be made anymore?