diode,IPL or light sheer laser????

Hello,

I have decide to use laser but I can`t decide which one is the best for me.I doubt between these 3. lasers:

1.Mediostar diode laser-I only have this one in my city

2.IPL-Intesive pulse light
3.Lightsheer laser-I don`t have any knowlege about this one

In my country the prices for Mediostar and IPL is the similar.Prices for Lightsheer I don`t know yet.

Please let me know what are the difference between these lasers,I think that Mediostar will be good for me because I am very light and I have dark hairs.
Please give me advice!!!
Thanks

Hi Petra!

Go for lightsheer!!!

I did Epilight(IPL system) on my chest and it doesn’t work at all :angry: . I got a test patch on my chest with Alexandrite and Diode lasers and both work well until now, but Diode laser work far better.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by webman:
<strong>Hi Petra!

Go for lightsheer!!!

I did Epilight(IPL system) on my chest and it doesn’t work at all :angry: </blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Why not a Diode laser,for lightsheer I must go to main city (about 3 h by car) and that is not a big problem if the lightsheer is so much better. I call them and it is more expensive but they told me that I will need only 3. treatment (2-3 months must pass between treatments).
I am sorry for my bad english I hope you can understand me.

I am feeling very disappointed by reading all these “unfavorable” results from Epilight. I just had a consultation last week with Completely Bare in NYC and I was all siked and ready to go for it, but NO ONE has had anything positive to say…so I guess I am back to the drawing board. Too bad to, cause the place is amazing and everyone was sooooooooooooo nice. I spoke with the woman who would be doing the procedure and she knew so much. I have even heard that Howard Stern goes to this place with his girlfriend…and HE KNOWS ALL!!! So basically from what I am reading, Light Sheer is the way to go?! :roll_eyes:

You seem to make a distinction between LightSheer and Diode.
Here’s a quote from http://www.hairfacts.com/makers/laser/coherent.html

LightSheer™ Diode Laser System for Hair Removal

Features: The long pulse width is more effective and friendlier to the skin. A patented ChillTip™ handpiece.

The LightSheer comes in five different models:

LightSheer SC – Low cost .
LightSheer EC – higher fluence and higher coverage rate
LightSheer XC – fastest in the LightSheer family, with the highest coverage rate and highest peak power.
LightSheer SP – Compact
LightSheer EP – Compact, with higher repetition rate and fluence.

There is more info there. Make a search on www.hairfacts.com

petra, it is more important to find the most experienced practtioner than which type of device.

'Chelle, I’ve seen the CompletelyBare chicks flogging their services on Howard Stern. I’m sure they are fine, but the IPL devices they use do not have the best track record if you hope for a permanent reduction.