Difference in Apilus models?

Ok so I post alot to the legitimate electrolysis machine thread and every once in a while post ads I see of equipment in Ontario and Quebec. There are some deals. But I also watch what the equipment is. What it does that other equipment doesnt.

For example the Apilus line. There is the junior, the senior , the senior 1 , Senior 2 Senior 3g The platinum and the pure. I have a SM-500 but sometimes I’ll come across ads for like below:

http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-commerciaux-industriels-Apilus-SM-500-W0QQAdIdZ530654026
http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-commerciaux-industriels-Apilus-Senior-W0QQAdIdZ530653433
here’s 2 completely identical machines a senior 1 and an SM-500 . I know mine does client files and has nearly 400 presets or programss for every mode.It has a lpt port nd I believe I can print out client files but havent bothered to hook up a printer.
but what do the pure, platinum do that this one doesnt?Is the pure and platinum only the frequency change?

I’m just trying to understand whats different between all the models.

Seana

Multiplex out of the box, synchro with additional module (pure), multiblend (multiplex + galvanic), evuloblend (platinum only).

For reasons unknown to me, the 13 MHz box (my Junior 1) needs more agressive settings than the 27 MHz boxes even in directly comparable modes (micro/pico-flash.

[quote=“beate_r”]

You are absolutely right, Beate. Apilus 13 Mhz epilators need twice more energy than Apilus 27 Mhz epilators.

Even more: the calibration of these machines is different. At 99% the output voltage of my Junior is larger than it is on my Pure.

Beate, since you have both 13 and 27 Mhz Apilus epilators, did you try to compare yourself the pain and skin reaction for the same hair structure? Logically, since Apilus Platinum needs twice less energy, the pain and skin reaction should be twice less compared with 13 Mhz Apilus.

It would very interesting to hear the opinion of real electrologists who has both epilators.

1 Like

Whilst this information makes my brain hurt, I think it’s really important for us to understand it. Both for our clients and our wallets!

I previously thought that the ‘e.L’ reading was the common denominator between all the Apilus machines.

A common denominator is what would help us understand the energies we are using and translate them into whatever language your particular machine uses.

Now I’m not so sure that the el’s are equivalent even between Apilus machines!
If the calibration is different;the eL’s are different aren’t they?

Puzzled
June

I have actually used both the Senior 2 and the Platinum Pure on the same client on only one occasion.
This was on alternate armpits on a young female.
She advised me that the Senior 2 was less painful (The one i used on the second armpit) I used the same needle on each side.
I thought it more significant being used on the second armpit as, by then she had already had tx for 90 minutes on the other side!

Highly unscientific test but just my experience. It contributed to my decision that the Senior 2 was just fine and not to buy a Plat. Pure.
June

Indeed. That’s why i am doing measurements on my boxes. It time to attach the platinum to my oscilloscope. (And to throw away the defective cosmomed device…)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, June. If I understand you correctly, you first worked on the underarm with Apilus Platinum for 90 minutes, after that you start working on another underarm with Apilus Senior [color:#000099]increasing the ELs twice[/color], and nevertheless your client feels more comfortable with Apilus Senior, right?