Diane 35 and waxing

hi

I have very fine, longish, slightly pigmented hair all over my body. I have been taking diane 35 for about a year now, and have noticed my skin is not nearly so oily, but I still have the hair. I have tried Epilight treatments, but my hair was apparently too fine for there to be any great results, so I got brave and recently had my arms and the heaviest areas on my back waxed for the first time. I figured if this made it worse, then the laser might be more effective anyway.

Has anyone found their regrowth to be reduced when taking diane 35?

I would appreciate any response - this is my first post here!

diane 35 and dianette are the same just different names for different countrys i was taking dianette for about 3 years and i lost all the body hair i had my spots were gone and it was brilliant but after them 3 years i started seeing a drastic change in my head hair like i could see it was getting real thin comapared to the ends when work mates started comenting about it i stopped the pill thank god my hairs back to normal now and guess what my body hair has return typical

diane 35 is magic! I take 4 a day with vitamin C & asprin & have fabulous thick hair on my head and substansially less over my body. I also have 38B breasts now so I can save on implants!
angel

Hi:

This is a description of Diane 35:
DIANE-35 (cyproterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol)
is a combination antiandrogenestrogen for use in
the treatment of androgen-dependent dermatological
conditions in females.
Cyproterone acetate is a steroid compound with potent antiandrogenic, progestogenic and antigonadotrophic activity.
It exerts its antiandrogenic effect by blocking androgen
receptors. It also reduces androgen synthesis by a
negative feedback effect on the
hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian systems.
The estrogen component (ethinyl estradiol) of
DIANE-35 increases levels of sex hormone binding
globulin (SHBG) and thus reduces
the free circulating plasma levels of androgens.
Cyproterone acetate has no tendency to
reduce SHBG levels.

I believe that cyproterone acetate is also sometimes
known as Androcur. It is considered one of the strongest
anti androgens, but as far as I know is not obtainable
in the US, legally anyways. The ethinyl estradiol is
basically estrogen, but I don’t think its the most natural
form either.

Alicia

angelanllan how long have you been on dinae 35? and could you tell me a bit about yourself?(How much in % would you say your hair has decreased?)
thanx