Dermatitis on previously treated area

Hi all, I have a question about an issue that I’m not sure is linked with electrolysis.
I had a full electrolysis treatment done between 2016 and 2017 (the last session was almost a year ago, in July 2017) on my genital area: scrotum, base of penis shaft and a little bit of pubis (near the base). The treatment worked well and I was left with no scars.
However, I think since this Autumn (at least is when I got aware of the condition, but maybe it was already less visible but present since a while) a kind of dermatitis developed especially on the scrotum, and in minor part in the other areas around the base of penis that were treated.
The skin varies between being very dry to being sticky and sweating abnormally. I already got tested for fungus or bacteria and I was negative. I don’t think that it’s like a direct damage from the treatment, because as I said it left me with no scars.
But I am wondering if maybe the fact that I don’t have almost anymore follicles in the area made the skin prone to develop this condition and it’s not working in the proper way anymore.
Fact is that I searched through the web but I couldn’t find any similar case to mine, also in the people who had genital electrolysis they always had healthy skin in the end.
So maybe is just my wrong supposition and it is a coincidence that the dermatitis developed in the same area.
What do you all think about this?

Damn I’m fast, you wrote this 21 seconds ago!

You should send a few pictures of your… dermatitis… in every possible angles! Just kidding.

The first things that comes to mind are: ingrown hairs, STDs, excessive masturbation or maybe new underwear. Have you ruled out all?

Thanks for the super quick answer!
Honestly I’m not feeling very comfortable of posting a picture of this area on the web…
BTW I ruled out all these things:
-I was tested and came back negative for every std and infections
-I don’thave ingrowns: actually electrolysis worked so well that I have almost zero hair left there!

• I didn’t change my underwear during those months with new ones, and I’m not a frequent masturbator

Indeed, this is a common reaction. I could offer a long explanation, but the bottom line is: it’s going away totally.

Michael, thanks for your answer.
So it’s still normal even if this condition is ongoing since (at least) 7 months and the last treatment was in July 2017?
And…billion dollar question…how long should it take to go away?
I forgot to answer that two other symptomps are redness (that can vary) of the area and occasional itching.

I watched some of your informative videos on healing skin, and I was prepared about the typical post-treatment reactions and stuff like PIH but I couldn’t find anything like this kind of “dermatitis”.
Unluckily I can’t contact the electrologist who did the job (but I can say he was good and professional) that’s why I am asking here.

I know; this reaction is really strange. It seems that the skin has to “learn” how to deal with no hair. Somehow, the skin is adjusting and all the symptoms you have explained are universal and common.

I warm potential clients of the “sticky balls” phenomenon (can I say that here … Oh, guess I just did). From this point forward, gulp … about a year and this slowly goes away. So far, “it” always goes away … the symptoms that is, not your “package!”

This is REALLY good to know, thanks!
It’s interesting to understand how the skin can re-adapt itself and has incredible healing abilities.
If I will remember, for sure I’m posting in the future to confirm that it went away (the symptoms, not the package I hope :smiley: ).
TBH I can see also some small PIH dots ongoing but they didn’t worried me because I knew it would take even more than 1 yr to disappear completely.

I had the same sticky feeling during first 6 months of treatments and it has gone away. I don’t recall if I had itchy skin but there was some dryness. Everything will normalize. I used a soothing moisturizing cream to alleviate the dryness which helped.