derm/gyno who will listen in NJ/NY

i’m plagued by hair and acne and have been so since puberty-i’m 30 now…i’ve been to my derm, my gyno and both say it’s just a part of my “ethnicity”…ok, i’m of mediteranian decent but NO ONE in my famiuly has this problem…i need serious help as it’s really affecting me…i’ve read countless articles on hirsuitism and acne and just know spiro is the right prescription for me but nO ONE wll prescribe it…i don’t know why…can anyone help…please???i’m sick of being a freak.

Dr. Nicole Pilevsky in New Brunswick, NJ is a wonderful obgyn, very understanding.

i would also find an endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders

While you are at it, here are some books to read, and heed:
“Your Body’s Many Cries For Water” by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. and “The Diet Cure” by Julia Ross, M.A.

If you are using them, discontinue all use of products with artificial sweeteners, as many women experience hormonal disturbance when using artificial sweeteners. They also actually gain weight through their use.

You may also (most likely) need to increase your water and salt intake, as the average person in this country is habitually dehydrated. Dehydration alone could cause your problems.

If you are overweight, lose weight, as excess weight alone could cause your problems.

Take Care, and let us know how it goes.