Depilators bad for the skin?

Hi,
I was just wondering if using chemical products like depilators and bleach for the hair causes any effects to the skin in the future if used constantly?

If you are thinking on the level of these chemicals causing any changes to the skin’s DNA, then I don’t think that question can be answered with any positivity. You would have to investigate to see if there have been any good studies done on this.

If you are asking in terms of will prolonged use of bleaching and depilatories products make a hair problem worse, the answer is they could very well make a hair problem worse. Anything that irritates the skin over time can cause hair to arouse and grow sturdier. This is nature’s way of protecting the skin by providing a cushion of hair.

Dee

I happen to agree with that statement. I started to bleach my upper lip when I noticed few very fine hairs. Then I saw it getting longer and thicker in that area. Of course it was nothing like a man’s mustache but I believe it was partly due to constant bleaching. I don’t have abnormal hair issues anywhere else. Another contributing factor was probably artificial sweetners. All this happened when I was about 20-21.

Thank you both for the answers.

angel, it could also have just been due to your hormones. I’ve bleached my upper lip too for years before getting electrolysis and it didn’t really change the structure of the hair. It did find that I needed to bleach more often after a while because the hair got used to it.