Depilatories

i just bought Veet hair remover mousse and was wondering if smoeone could tell me how long I need to go w/o shaving and/or how long my hair needs to be to use it. Thanks!!! :fearful:

Veet and Immac are brands made by Reckitt Benckiser and offered in Europe, so Iā€™ve never seen the packaging or labeling. This is a reputable company, so Iā€™m sure they have detailed instructions.

As with all depilatories, your hair can be any length, bit it will work best on shaved legs. You should do a small test patch to make sure your skin doesnā€™t have a reaction. Follow the instructions very carefully. Do not use on areas they say to avoid, such as face or genitals. Do not leave the product on for longer than the instructed time.

Where did you get this in the US? They must be rolling it out in test markets here.

Let us know how you like it!

[ June 28, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Thank you for replying to my question. I had seen the comercials for it on TV and then found it at my local drug store on sale even! I am going to try it out over the weekend in hopes that the results will last for at least a good part of the next week while I am at a summer camp. Iā€™ll come back and tell how it worksā€¦Thanks again!

Hello again, I tried Veet mousse the other night under my arms and on my legs and surprisingly it worked pretty well. It doesnā€™t burn as bad as Nair and in fact it didnā€™t really burn that much at all. After the 8-10 minutes was up I just took off the mousse with the sponge they give you and water. The dissolved hair comes off rather easily except not all the hair came off of my legs because the mousse did not go on evenly due to the fact that it ā€œsprayedā€ itself away when I tried to get it on evenly. It worked great under my arms and no hair has grown back under my arms in a couple days and Iā€™m hoping it lasts a little longer but I will need to shave the few missed spots on my legs. So over all I had a good experience with Veet mousse hair remover and the smell was pleasant as well by the way. Hope this helpsā€¦

Great post, Rhonda, definitely let us know how it continues to work out in the long run!

Wow, we have the best readers and contributors! :relaxed:

Do we know if this product can be used for men on chest hair? Rhondaā€¦did it remove the hair down to the root, or just the surface? Also, as it grew back, how many ingrown hairs did you have to deal with? Thanks for your time.

-Joshua

Do we know if this product can be used for men on chest hair? Rhondaā€¦did it remove the hair down to the root, or just the surface? Also, as it grew back, how many ingrown hairs did you have to deal with? Thanks for your time.

-Joshua

thejoshuatree, depilatories can only affect hair above the skinā€™s surface. They can be used on sensitive areas like the chest if you donā€™t have a lot of hair, but you should definitely do a test patch first to make sure you donā€™t have a bad reaction, and you should not leave it on for one second longer than recommended, especially the first time. If you start to feel any burning before the time is up, rinse it off immediately.

If your hair is coarse or if thereā€™s a lot of it, I suggest waxing over depilatories. It lasts longer, and most people get less irritation from waxing.

Sorry it took me so long to write back about the performance of Veet. It worked really well under my arms and the hair didnā€™t grow back for a couple days but I will say that I would prefer shaving over spraying the stuff on and waiting the 10 minutes w/ your arms up in the air making sure the mousse didnā€™t slip away. When i used it on my legs it removed some but not all hair, but when i shaved my legs the next day, i got the smoothest shave of my life-it was greatā€¦but again I wouldnā€™t wait the 10 minutes w/ the stuff on. And to answer the question of wheather it can be used on manā€™s chest hairā€¦the package just says under arms and on legs and gives warnings about using it on other ā€œsensetiveā€ areas. But if chest hair is desired to be removed I would try Niveaā€™s hair removal that is like Nair but just for men. But finally, I would not recommend Veet, the results did not last for more than a couple days and it was a waste of time for the short results. Hope that helps!!! :wink: